The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WAHOOO ... off to Medium Format Miami this AM

fotografz

Mother Nature graced us with 5" of the white stuff last night as a send off from Michigan.

H3D/31 packed and ready ... the over-kill vacation camera, LOL!!!

Hope to get some stock stuff while there.

Hank, aren't you located in the Miami area? Buy you a beer and burger if you have the time. Staying at the Loews on Collins, Miami Beach under the name Susan or Marc Williams.

Wahooo !!!

mark1958

Marc next time Fly west..We just got back from Maui. Cannot wait to see some examples.. The ultimate street camera :)

Mother Nature graced us with 5" of the white stuff last night as a send off from Michigan.

H3D/31 packed and ready ... the over-kill vacation camera, LOL!!!

Hope to get some stock stuff while there.

Hank, aren't you located in the Miami area? Buy you a beer and burger if you have the time. Staying at the Loews on Collins, Miami Beach under the name Susan or Marc Williams.

Wahooo !!!

fotografz

Marc next time Fly west..We just got back from Maui. Cannot wait to see some examples.. The ultimate street camera :)
Hawaii is to far for us Mark 'cause my wife wanted to take Shunuffy our little Chihuahua ... (roll eyes) ... Miami is less than 3 hours flight.

Had to pay my wife to put my tripod in her rolling "portable dresser" ...
guess I should invest in a hard case for the tripod in future ... it'd be cheaper... LOL!

mark1958

Well Hawaii is not a good place to bring dogs since they have some sort of quarantine policy I believe. But for 2 more hours you could have made it to California, Shunuffy could have been entertained by our MiniDoxi Leo. Plus we have city life (San Francisco), Mountains, Beaches (albeit too cold to swim in) but nice shooting
Wahooo !!![/QUOTE]

Hawaii is to far for us Mark 'cause my wife wanted to take Shunuffy our little Chihuahua ... (roll eyes) ... Miami is less than 3 hours flight.

Had to pay my wife to put my tripod in her rolling "portable dresser" ...
guess I should invest in a hard case for the tripod in future ... it'd be cheaper... LOL!

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Don't know if you'll be venturing out of SoBe, but I'm about a half hour drive north on I-95 in Hollywood.

We did two Leica events at the Loews Miami Beach. It is a really nice hotel. Be sure to check out the Delano which is a couple doors down. Unfortunately, they will kick you out for taking pictures. Yes, I speak from experience. :)

David

fotografz

We'll be gone by the time you're back Hank ... maybe next time.

I've stayed at the Delano and the National down the street before David. The Delano takes itself to seriously. Same crap at other Ian Shreager (sp?) hotels I've stayed at. I now boycott all his places ...

Record lows in Miami, but it still beats knee deep snow at home.

Here's a before and after comparison : -)

7AM yesterday ... 7AM today.

Last edited:

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Mark,
yes it was cold here in Miami this morning. Welcome. If you need anything while you are down in south beach let us know. Also feel free to stop by our offices at 701 4th St if you are down this way. Enjoy your stay.
Happy New Years,

Best Reagrds,

Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
305-534-5701 office
305-394-3196 cell
877-217-9870
www.captureintegration.com
[email protected]

D

DougDolde

Warmer maybe but the image of the snow in Michigan is great....can't say that for the Miami Beach shot.

W

workingcamera

Marc… the Michigan pic is delicious.

Looking forward to hearing your views on the Hassy

fotografz

Marc… the Michigan pic is delicious.

Looking forward to hearing your views on the Hassy
Haven't had much opportunity to do any serious shooting with the Hasselblad yet. Certainly no typical Miami shots since it's record cold and no one is out and about, and the beaches are vacant.

In fact, my Chihuahua has taken more shots than I have. She's working with her Leica D-Lux 2 for some street work ... but I think she's just using it to meet some guy Chi's.

: -)

Last edited:

David K

Workshop Member
Marc,
Welcome to Florida although it's a shame you didn't catch the good weather we had last week. Hope you enjoy your stay but when you head back to Michigan please take your weather with you :)

D

DougDolde

Ah yes when the beach fails there is always Lincoln Road.

fotografz

Girls dressed for Winter checking out Miami stuff they can't wear ... to bad for me : -(

Last edited:

mark1958

Marc Great replies. I love the dog with DLUX 2 photo. i need to get our mini doxi to grab my DLUX 2 :). My H3DII-31 comes on Monday