The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Wanted Nikon Scan 4 software

anyone

Hi Felix,
are you sure? I may have those CDs still somewhere, but VueScan makes a much better job. Silverfast is another option.

Will Deleon

Hey Felix,

I use my 9000 regularly. I do recommend Vuescan since you can use your 9000 on any modern Mac / PC. Join the Facebook group: Nikon Coolscan Users. There you will find a good bunch of people who are very knowledgeable as well as a couple guys that still service these things!

Hope that helps you out!

Jma

Why do you need a CD? You can download the software from Nikon's website.

As far as Vuescan vs Nikon Scan. I always much preferred Nikon Scan to Vuescan but ofc that only works if you're running it on an old machine.

anyone

For me, Vuescan worked better than the Nikon software, but I guess that depends also on your personal preference.