The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What are the cons of using this lensboard ?

celina20

I cant find a Sinar standard lensboard Copal # 0 for this lens. What are the cons of using this lensboard instead the normal one ?

Sironar 135mm.jpg

anyone

If it works, why don’t you use it? Normal Copal 0 Sinar lens boards show up on Ebay every now and then.

RodK

It extends the lens slightly so may upset the tilt geometry a little. So perhaps not Quite as fast to focus using tilt and or Swing.

apofoto

Sinar mounted lenses in central shutters on lens plates with such height-adjusted plastic tubes so that you can also use them with Sinar rear lens shutters. This is ok for small lenses. With large, heavy lenses it is questionable.

TimoK

Sinar mounted lenses in central shutters on lens plates with such height-adjusted plastic tubes so that you can also use them with Sinar rear lens shutters. This is ok for small lenses. With large, heavy lenses it is questionable.
I agree, but this is a quite old thread from 2022. The OP asked a question and got some good answers, but never come back to this discussion. So I think it's worthless to try to answer before he/she comes back.