The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What is the latest photographic book you purchased and why?

olafphoto

Administrator
Staff member
Recently I had a wonderful exchange with an iconic photographer Charlie Waite. He was kind enough to send me one of his latest "Behind The Photograph" book. In this book Charlie shares his images and writes stories behind them. It is a truly fabulous and insiring publication. Highly recommended.

IMG_8309.jpg

Tim Floyd

Charlie Waite is a fabulous photographer and very entertaining speaker.

During these past 6-7 months I've bought several books, some still in the wrapper. Some of these photographers I have learned about listening to podcasts where they were guests.

Edward Steichen, Lives in Photography, because I wanted to know more about him, his life, his times.
Jeffrey Conley, Reverence. Love his work.
Thomas Joshua Cooper, The World's Edge, after a casual mention by Brooks Jensen.
Eddie Adams, Bigger than the Frame. Iconic photographer.

darr

1600709109547.png

I recently purchased THE OLDEST LIVING THINGS IN THE WORLD, by Rachel Sussman because the subject matter interests me.
Only on chapter three, and I like it!

olafphoto

Administrator
Staff member
Charlie Waite is a fabulous photographer and very entertaining speaker.

During these past 6-7 months I've bought several books, some still in the wrapper. Some of these photographers I have learned about listening to podcasts where they were guests.

Edward Steichen, Lives in Photography, because I wanted to know more about him, his life, his times.
Jeffrey Conley, Reverence. Love his work.
Thomas Joshua Cooper, The World's Edge, after a casual mention by Brooks Jensen.
Eddie Adams, Bigger than the Frame. Iconic photographer.
Fabulous list! Thanks for sharing.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I don't buy photo books often, Across this Ravaged Land by Nick Brandt is the one I keep coming back to.

Not only does Nick Brandt take some of the best African wildlife photos, but his attitude towards his subjects and the environment in general is admirable.

But it's really an impossible question. There are so many amazing photography books. I could spend the rest of my life just watching black & white photos and never run out of subject matter.

Last edited:

olafphoto

Administrator
Staff member
I don't buy photo books often, Across this Ravaged Land by Nick Brandt is the one I keep coming back to.

Not only does Nick Brandt take some of the best African wildlife photos, but his attitude towards his subjects and the environment in general is admirable.

But it's really an impossible question. There are so many amazing photography books. I could spend the rest of my life just watching black & white photos and never run out of subject matter.
Great choice! We had a chance to interview Nick Brandt for the Medium Format Magazine. Great man and stunning work!