The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

What would you like to find under the tree this holiday season?

olafphoto

Administrator
Staff member
In the upcoming Holiday Edition of the magazine we will be sharing with you a special section called “A BOOK UNDER THE TREE” in which we are asking well-known photographers to suggest a book or photography-related item they would like to put or find under the tree this year. What would it be and why? Please share your choice with us below?

Let's have a great time together! 🎅🎄🇨🇽

Screenshot 2020-11-11 at 12.49.43 PM.jpg

Last edited:

olafphoto

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't mind the Hasselblad 907X 50c and a nice pair of super warm, photographer friendly mittens! Am I asking too much?!? ;)

pegelli

Just some time with my family and staying safe and distant from others is all I wish for Christmas. Hopefully if a lot of people do that the pandemic will not be fired up again resulting in avoidable loss of life and bring hope we can go back to a normal life in the course of 2021. All the rest (incl. presents) don't matter too much to me at the moment.

Shashin

Health and happiness. It has been a tough year in many ways, but it has also put many things into perspective. Finding contentment seems to be a better goal than fulfilling desire.

(Note, I just gave myself an X Pro2 as a backup to my other one, so it is not a complete victory for selflessness.)

olafphoto

Administrator
Staff member
Just some time with my family and staying safe and distant from others is all I wish for Christmas. Hopefully if a lot of people do that the pandemic will not be fired up again resulting in avoidable loss of life and bring hope we can go back to a normal life in the course of 2021. All the rest (incl. presents) don't matter too much to me at the moment.
Of course! This is given. We always think about health, family, friends first. The idea of this thread is to have some fun together.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

"Time with my loved ones" - yes, but not under the tree! I just want to hug my kids and grandkids, most of whom I haven't even seen since March. I am glad we have FaceTime but it's a poor substitute. Still, let's be optimistic for a good family BBQ in summer 2021.

olafphoto

Administrator
Staff member
Not a thing. Not doing Christmas at all, it's a Pagan holiday
I was referring to the upcoming Holidays. This is not a conversation about Christmas or any other religious or not-religious celebrations. The whole idea was to share some ideas with each other and have a great time together. I would also appreciate Doug if you alter the tone of your commentaries. You have had a huge number of warnings in the past. All moderators work really hard here and dealing with your, often inappropriate, comments is not helping anyone. This is your last warning. The next step would be banning you for life.

Last edited:

olafphoto

Administrator
Staff member
Despite my genuine attempt to connect with DougDolde about his behaviour through public and private channels, his response to my private messages crossed all possible lines. I made a decision to ban him from the forum for life.

Last edited:

tcdeveau

Well, back on topic, like many, time with family and loved ones is what I’d like the most. Unfortunately that isn’t in the cards this year with the current COVID situation in the US. More free time is a close second, another thing not likely to happen.

As far as tangible things go, a portrait lens or two for the Nikon F/Z and/or Fuji X is on the list. Perhaps a 35-75mm XCD or 45p as well. Would also love to finally get the IQ3 100 Achromatic I’ve wanted (or an IQ3 100 or perhaps a 907x), but that’s probably wishful thinking...

More realistically: some color filters for the M10M/Zeiss 50mm f2 or a platypod tripod base would make a good reasonably priced alternative :) I also may hunt around for more Alpa back adapters, and pull the trigger on a P1 XF adapter, or find again the Hasselblad H and V adapters I sold this fall to pay bills :(

dave.gt

Olaf,

Thank you. It is always a shame when action is required to maintain a certain civil and considerate discussion on forums. We do appreciate all of your hard work and understand that you do have the best interest of all of us in mind.

Now, back to the Holiday thread!

:)

dave.gt

Oh, while we are dreaming a little out of the box in the midst of a pandemic, it is time to resurrect my Leica R4. But a lens would be nice. LOL...the lens mount aperture is a little wide and not adjustable for focusing. :)
I'm all in for Impressionism but it is a bit much without a lens.:):);)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Since it's Christmas and I have been nice all year, I would like to have two presents, none of them particularly useful, but both very desirable:
A Hasselblad digital back for my GX680 and a Nikon F6.

When that is said, I don't actually buy Christmas presents for adults including myself (no, I don't have a wife), but I do buy for the children, even if Christmas in this country is strictly commercial and totaly at odds with local traditions and religion.