The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What's the latest IQ3 firmware?

Massive Si

I am a bit confused.

my IQ3 50 currently has a fw installed of 5.10.1 (Feb 6 2019) system: 4.02.7

The P1 firmware updater tool says the latest is 5.01.10 and is available to update to (but isnt that a downgrade?)

The P1 website lists the latest as Feature Update #8 :
Compatible with
  • IQ3
  • IQ2
  • IQ1
  • XF Body
Please download and place the file in root of the CF card to update the IQ3, IQ2 or IQ1 Digital Back.
Ensure that you have already installed Feature Update #4 SR2 as this is a requirement.
this file gives me FW5.00.5.FWR

Feature Update #4 SR2 when downloaded gives a filename: CameraSystem4.02.7.fwp

So, I've installed Feature Update #4 SR2
But when I try to update to Feature Update #8 (FW5.00.5.FWR) I get the error: "Cannot find any valid firmware on card"

whats going on? why are the filenames so confusing, and what is the latest firmware for my DB :)

Mexecutioner

Feature Update #8 is IQ4 only, so won't work on your IQ3.

Feature update #8 will work on an XF, so you could update your camera body. I am unsure about the procedure when you have IQ3, perhaps someone else can chime in.

alistairsimmons

I am a bit confused.

my IQ3 50 currently has a fw installed of 5.10.1 (Feb 6 2019) system: 4.02.7

The P1 firmware updater tool says the latest is 5.01.10 and is available to update to (but isnt that a downgrade?)

The P1 website lists the latest as Feature Update #8 :

this file gives me FW5.00.5.FWR

Feature Update #4 SR2 when downloaded gives a filename: CameraSystem4.02.7.fwp

So, I've installed Feature Update #4 SR2
But when I try to update to Feature Update #8 (FW5.00.5.FWR) I get the error: "Cannot find any valid firmware on card"

whats going on? why are the filenames so confusing, and what is the latest firmware for my DB :)
With IQ3 backs, you have to go into the IQ menu, then into XF menu and there is an option to update firmware through there. If you just go to update firmware through the IQ menu it will tell you there's no firmware on the card.

5.00.5 is the latest firmware for IQ3, I did the very same update today.

A

Last edited:

Massive Si

thanks - Idont have an XF so can only update via the CF

none of these firmware versions make any sense to me lol
how can 5.00.5 be the latest, and my back currently has 5.10.1?