The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Whats the new MF camera?

PeterA

MR on LL has just announced that he will be testing a new MF camera that will knock peoplee's socks off this Sunday...:bugeyes:

Any thoughts on what it might be?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I'm guessing it's the Pentax MF digital entry which is supposed to launch officially in Q1 2010...

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Yea unless I could use it than not really. Maybe Contax came back from the dead or Pentax came to life.

Jack you need to stop reading my mind, we posted the same time. LOL

Christopher

Well he told us it is not RED, H4D or Phase, so what could it be ? Something special, which i think will not be anything with film. (As nice as film is, I don't think it will knock of every bodies socks.)

Nobody really expects anything from Sony, Canon or Nikon.

I really have know clue at the moment. It could be a fantastic surprise.

PeterA

I feel like tossing 'em all out and starting again - probably with Phase just waiting on Sinar to deliver alternative mounts on an artec ( H mount & Phase) - which is the piece of kit I am really wanting. oh and the othe piece of kit I am waiting on - is that vapourware from Leica - the M9.

Guy Mancuso

Well he told us it is not RED, H4D or Phase, so what could it be ? Something special, which i think will not be anything with film. (As nice as film is, I don't think it will knock of every bodies socks.)

Nobody really expects anything from Sony, Canon or Nikon.

I really have know clue at the moment. It could be a fantastic surprise.
My socks need a lot to be knocked off. If it ain't a freight train than forgetaboutit. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Seriously nice to have options for sure. Pentax seems to be the only thing close to ready though.

Guy Mancuso

I feel like tossing 'em all out and starting again - probably with Phase just waiting on Sinar to deliver alternative mounts on an artec ( H mount & Phase) - which is the piece of kit I am really wanting. oh and the othe piece of kit I am waiting on - is that vapourware from Leica - the M9.
They still have not hit down under yet. You can fly me out there and i will hand deliver it . :D

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
A new MF Holga?

I was just looking at the Red web site.
At the bottom of the description of their current roadmap/upgrade plan they say
"Everything is subject to change, Count on it"
love it
-bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I hear you -- but the fact the Sinar has no M mount has me looking very seriously at the new Arca M-Line 2 for digital -- coupled with a Rotaslide, I think that's my baby.

Steve Hendrix

Hmm. Has me curious also. He's already kicked out Red, Pentax and Hasselblad as possibilities, he's already reviewed the DF, so that doesn't leave much for medium format (digital). Although he didn't say digital...

Steve Hendrix