The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which telephoto focal length / lens as companion to 32mm on tech cam for landscapes?

vieri

Vieri,

I am curious to hear how you like the 100mm lens for your tech cam.
Any specific reason you chose the 100mm over the highly recommended 90mm- longer reach or lighter weight?
I was looking for a smaller and lighter alternative to the Rodenstock 90mm, and I would have gone for either the 90mm Schneider or the 100mm Schneider; on paper, they seemed equally good, with the 100mm perhaps a bit better on MTF curves. For my work, I use the 23mm most of the time, followed by the 40mm - longer lenses are very seldom used, so size / weight (and price, too) are more important for me than squeezing that last bit of performance that the Rodie 90mm offers.

Incidentally, I do have a 90 Rodie for the XT, which I also reviewed, so I am familiar with its optical amazingness :)

I hope to be able to review the 40mm, 100mm and 180mm soon.

Best regards,

Vieri