The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Wilson ... 📸

anyone

Awesome camera. I am not yet in the Leica target group since I still think about the price … a GFX100s with the 50mm will be around the same.

nameBrandon

Q3 has shipped! Arriving tomorrow.

Waiting for the GRiii(x) mono tbh. I never really connected with the Leica mono cameras, but I think that's just me and my difficulty justifying Leica prices for only giving me black and white images.. at the Ricoh price point, I'm all about it.

nameBrandon

You can have the Pentax K-3 III Monochrome ...
I could, if I had a desire to use a dslr with a big honkin' mirror in 2023.. Which I do not 😂 I am very hopeful though that they see the impact of the K-3 mono and how quickly it sold and make the logical leap to using the sensor in the GR lineup. They would never be able to keep a GR III(x) mono in stock, I'm confident of that. They would sell every single last one of those things that they could ever produce.

tcdeveau

I had the opposite experience with the Leica monos - some of the M10M images I got were straight up magical. I got that to make sure I could get along with a mono-only cam before taking the plunge on the P1 IQ4 150 Achro :)

Sold it though to buy a guitar 🎸. Really excited about the M11 Mono but need to wait on my piggy bank to fill up before getting one, and need to stop buying guitars in order to get more cameras haha.

Really excited about the Q3 though and curious to hear your thoughts on it! I recently liquidated my Nikon stash and have room for more sub-medium format gear whenever funds allow.

nameBrandon

I had the opposite experience with the Leica monos - some of the M10M images I got were straight up magical. I got that to make sure I could get along with a mono-only cam before taking the plunge on the P1 IQ4 150 Achro :)

Sold it though to buy a guitar 🎸. Really excited about the M11 Mono but need to wait on my piggy bank to fill up before getting one, and need to stop buying guitars in order to get more cameras haha.

Really excited about the Q3 though and curious to hear your thoughts on it! I recently liquidated my Nikon stash and have room for more sub-medium format gear whenever funds allow.
Ah, I've heard the guitar bug is an expensive one.. Thankfully never been bitten.. I have my $300 G&L electric and Positive Grid amp sitting around collecting dust, and that's enough for me to play the ~5 chords I know :)

Will certainly share some images soon!

tcdeveau

Ah, I've heard the guitar bug is an expensive one.. Thankfully never been bitten.. I have my $300 G&L electric and Positive Grid amp sitting around collecting dust, and that's enough for me to play the ~5 chords I know :)

Will certainly share some images soon!
Awesome thanks!

Yes the guitar bug is an expensive one, but it’s a fun one. I’ve been playing almost 30 years and got back into it recently. I realized I barely have time for photography but can easily find 10-15 mins here and there to pick up the guitar and mess around. The last year and a half I accidentally saw my collection grow from 3 guitars and one amp to 12 guitars and 5 amps (whoops)…have two custom guitars on order that should come in next year that I’m very excited about as well.

JeffK

you know what's even a bigger bug? Preventative maintenance. Replacing the roof this summer. Already have it covered. So no more camera gear, till the savings pot fills up again.