The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WRS-1600 Purchase

eheimlich

Background:
Used 4x5 from '98 (year I started pro) to whenever the 1Ds came out. Never used a DB. I shoot mostly hospitality, healthcare and commercial properties interiors (tethered) and exteriors (usually not tethered). Will the following list get me what I need to shoot more or less?

I've just ordered a Cambo technical

Things I'm also purchasing:
Rodenstock 55mm, purchased
Rodenstock 23mm lens, not purchased
Cambo adapter for Canon 17 and 24, which I already own

I have my Lee Filter compendium with rings, might need new sizes

70mm+, i'll rent if needed

Thanks in advance.

Greg Haag

There is probably someone that can provide feedback that is more specific to your situation, I only shoot (as it relates to work) exteriors, virtually never interiors. My first Phase back was the IQ3 100 and it was fantastic, had Hasselblad backs before that. Before I bought my wide lens, I used Mark II View Finder trying to decide between the 23 & 32 Rodenstocks, the 23 was a little too wide for my uses although I would love to have the lens. I am going from memory but here is my kit, I am sure there will be something left off but I will add to it if I think of anything.

IQ4 150
Cambo 1600
Rodenstock 32, 90, 180
Cable for tethering
Inovativ tripod mount for laptop
Something for shooting White Frames/LCC
RRS TFC-34 Series 3
Arca Swiss Cube
Filter Kit
Hoodman Loupe

Last edited:

Ben730

, the 23 was a little too wide for my uses although I would love to have the lens.
I also find the 23 (with IQ3100) too wide for most interiors, but you can crop. My clients don't need 100 MPs.
I have the SK 70 instead of the Rodenstock 70. The SK 70 is very good for cultural heritage and reproduction.
For the longer lenses I have a Hasselblad V adapter, between F8 and F11 the 150 and the 180 are great.
Regards,
Ben

diggles

Available mostly, LED when needed.
The reason I ask is because the Canon lenses don't have a shutter and can't be used with the Cambo and digital back. Since you are using available light and LED you should be good to go.

LED sounds like a great option. What LED lights are you using?

Ben730

I use the Nikon PC 19 mm (same lens) with my GFX 100. It's a great lens! I can recommend it.
Not as extraordinary sharp as the Rodenstock 23 HR, but sharp. Uniform sharpness over the whole picture, almost no color cast.
9 mm shift horizontal.
For the whole performance, you have to use a lens hood!
My 2 cents,
Ben

drevil

Staff member
I also used the Nikon 19 with the GFX in the past, good performer, less wide but sharper than canons 17tse

eheimlich

The reason I ask is because the Canon lenses don't have a shutter and can't be used with the Cambo and digital back. Since you are using available light and LED you should be good to go.

LED sounds like a great option. What LED lights are you using?
i had read the sync issues. thx for verification though

Fiilix led lights, carry 12. i like them as they're small and I shoot a bunch of small hotel rooms.

bought the 32mm today

just the DB left to get and that hoodman loupe

vjbelle

The Hoodman loupe is far inferior to any Schneider or Peak loupe if you can find one. Look on Ebay. 4X magnification is about perfect.

Victor B.

kdphotography