The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB - Phase One IQ3 100 Standard or Trichromatic with XF body

chingbo007

Looking for both the IQ3 100 MP back (Standard or Trichromatic),
and a XF body with prism (don't prefer HAP1).
It's for my own use.

If you have a 35/55/80mm blue ring lens to sell too it'd be even better.
Prefer to trade on Escrow/Paypal,
and use Fedex for sending International.
(I'm from Hong Kong)

Please email me if interested to sell: [email protected]

baudolino

I will chip in even though I am no dealer. To start with, Chingbo may need leaf shutter lenses to sync strobes outside, without losing power to HSS. He may also prefer the bigger sensor, for a greater "MF effect". Not everybody likes to look into an EVF - some people prefer optical. I don't know how serious the reported "banding issue" with the GFX100 really is (where the rows of pixels used by AF are) or how hot/noisy the Fuji sensor gets after a full day of shooting, so no idea if that might be a factor. The ergonomics of the Fuji GFX100 may not be everyone's cup of tea. The modular solution of a separate body and back has some advantages (can use the back on a tech camera or the latest version of the RZ67, can buy a spare XF body, upgrade the back to IQ4 and keep the body, etc....). I had the GFX50S and sold it. Shooting with P1 XF and IQ3100 now. The back was purchased s/h, through this forum, camera body and lenses also s/h, mostly from Teamwork in London and here, again. In the end, I did not pay dramatically more than for a new GFX100 system (maybe a third...still meaningful but nowhere near the new price differential). Happy with the combo and the seamless integration with C1. The files are amazing and provide great latitude in PP. Reliability has not been an issue, just had to adjust AF with some of the lenses that back-focused. HAP1 or HAP2 don't make a ton of difference, in my experience - the "true focus" feature (or whatever P1 call it) has not been entirely predictable to me and I tend to keep it off. I've had comparable results with both versions of the body (HAP1/HAP2) in the studio, in terms of AF accuracy. Tethering drop-outs solved by adding a high-powered USB port before the orange Tether Tools cable (powered dock from OWC). In short, I had the opportunity to buy the P1 equipment on the (relative) cheap before the GFX100 became available and I also reasonably often shoot outside with strobes (and the Profoto trigger integrated in the XF is nice), so that was my choice and I neither regret it nor hanker after the GFX100. Whenever I need a camera with EVF and faster AF, I shoot with a smaller system (Leica SL2). To my mind, the GFX100 is trying to be the master of all trades but perhaps that is not always necessary. In my world, the Phase lives in the studio and goes out only when I shoot with a team/assistant, the weather is nice and we can drive more or less all the way to the location. Whenever I shoot alone, or there is a chance of rain, or I shoot with a model in a hotel room without wanting to raise staff attention, or a longer walk to location is needed, I usually take the Leica with one or two small battery strobes or LED lights.

TheDude

baudolino

Thank you for your detailed response to what was more a rhetorical/cynical question. I also have the IQ3 for use on a technical camera and paid for the used DB barely more that I would have paid for a new GFX100.

I looked also at the GFX100, and concluded that without machining the camera body I would not have enough flange distance for my short focal length Rodenstock Digaron lenses.

Last edited:

kdphotography

I'll also add that the IQ3 is a solid performer. If shooting in studio with lights, much prefer the XF over the Fuji GFX. There are also a myriad of features available on the Phase MFDB and the XF that are quite nice in use. Vibration delay, Autofocus Recompose (AFr), etc., not to mention the focal length selection with leaf shutter lenses. Technical camera capable.

Apparently, you missed out on Peter's (Pemihan) MFDB---it's a good thing to be able to purchase from a known and trusted GetDPI family member (Dante Approved even). Keep checking the B&S and check in with some of the area Phase One Dealers for opportunities there.

ken

droxymus728

I too am looking around for an IQ3 100 for my Hassy. I noticed several contributors have stated they got their (used) backs for around the price of the GFX100 but everywhere I've looked the prices (of the few that have a Hassy fit) are often double this. Am I looking in the wrong place? I check here every day if something should turn up but so far, no luck :0(

tcdeveau

I too am looking around for an IQ3 100 for my Hassy. I noticed several contributors have stated they got their (used) backs for around the price of the GFX100 but everywhere I've looked the prices (of the few that have a Hassy fit) are often double this. Am I looking in the wrong place? I check here every day if something should turn up but so far, no luck :0(
the forums (GetDPI, Luminous Landscape) and eBay are the best places to look if you want to save $$. Sometimes backs here even have remaining warranty.

Heres an H mount IQ3 100 that ended last week on eBay for $12.5with make an offer:

another IQ3 100 ends in 45 minutes with lenses (including 35mm BR) and XF for $13k currently:

that active listing sold at $15.1k and was relisted presumably due to a non-paying bidder.

they are available from dealers as well, but the dealer prices are pretty far out of line with market prices (dealer prices are currently around $19k for a back only for an IQ3 100 standard non-trichromatic, these prices may be CPO prices set by P1). There's value in buying from a dealer (and less risk), but whether that value is worth the delta in dealer price vs market price is a personal decision one must make for themselves.

Last edited:

droxymus728

Thanks for posting those two listings, I missed the first one and I've seen an occasional one before in the US. Unfortunately, being in the UK I have extra costs of international delivery with insurance, import duty, VAT and "handling" fees. This will typically add on 25% to the overall price.
As for the XF that's a great price but I don't really want to start re-investing in yet another system. I like my Hassy and I have (H) back adaptors for my Alpas.
But I'm patient... maybe for Xmas :0)

thovenmedia

Looking for both the IQ3 100 MP back (Standard or Trichromatic),
and a XF body with prism (don't prefer HAP1).
It's for my own use.

If you have a 35/55/80mm blue ring lens to sell too it'd be even better.
Prefer to trade on Escrow/Paypal,
and use Fedex for sending International.
(I'm from Hong Kong)

Please email me if interested to sell: [email protected]
I know you’re looking for a 35mm/55mm/80mm. I have a 45mm that I don’t often use. Please let me know if you’re interested, thanks.