The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FOUND: Schneider M 52 II Center Filter for Apo Digitar 5.6/ 47 XL

diggles

I've recently picked up a Apo Digitar 47xl and it performs nicely on a CFV II 50c with shifts that are 10mm or less. When shifting any more than that I am noticing noisy blue skies. My understanding is that a center filter could help fix that issue by exposing the edges more correctly upon capture.

If you have a Schneider M 52 II for Apo Digitar 5.6/ 47 XL and are looking to sell it, please let me know.

If I am way out of line with my assumption that a center filter would help fix noisy sky at the edges, please let me know that too :)

Thanks!
Warren

diggles

Hey Paul, thank you for the heads up. I saw that on eBay as well, but it seems like they are asking a premium for it. Maybe $600 is the going rate, I don't know, but it seems expensive.

Any thoughts on what the going rate is?

vsbhk

Hey Paul, thank you for the heads up. I saw that on eBay as well, but it seems like they are asking a premium for it. Maybe $600 is the going rate, I don't know, but it seems expensive.

Any thoughts on what the going rate is?
I have sold mine for USD 350 on this forum (march 2021). It was mint in its original pouch. I had never used it as in my experience a single LCC is enough to deal with both color and exposure variations (if any).

vsbhk

Thank you for the info. $350 seems right to me.

I'm curious which back you used the lens with and how much did you generally shift?
I have used the 47XL with a range of Leaf backs and more recently with an IQ3-100. As I remember it can be shifted quite a bit 18 mm around ? It's a great lens without the need for heavy corrections in my experience.

Last edited:

diggles

It appears that Linhof Studio has just recently sold the very last one at BP395.00, which is about USD545. I suggest you contact Paula to confirm that status.
Paula said that next week Schneider will be sending her the last of a few centre filters they have. Apparently it will include the CF II with 52mm thread for the 47mm XL.

The CF II will have Alpa etched on it, but I can live with that. If anyone else is looking for a center filter then 4x5Australian is right to contact Paula at Linhof Studio!

Steve Hendrix

Ended up purchasing a new one from Paula at Linhof Studio.

Warren, I just happened to see this.

I have (3) 47mm center Filters in my inventory at very very reasonable prices.

I could have shipped it with your WRS!

Just think of us along the lines of Horton the Who - We are here! We are here! We are here!

Steve Hendrix/CI

s5l

hello steve,
i am interested in buying one center filter, what is the price and would you ship to germany or switzerland (cost)? thanks.

Kipoz

Warren, I just happened to see this.

I have (3) 47mm center Filters in my inventory at very very reasonable prices.

I could have shipped it with your WRS!

Just think of us along the lines of Horton the Who - We are here! We are here! We are here!

Steve Hendrix/CI
Hi @Steve Hendrix do you have always center filter SK 47XL ? :)
Thanks