The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

x1d backfocus

danlindberg

Anyone have a tip on how to adjust backfocus on X1D? I have mk.1 body and XCD90. I was asked to do a few portraits yesterday and when looking through the series of images I realised imediately that 80% were focused on the tip of the ear and eye soft even if that's where I aimed all the time!? Cannot find any adjustment in camera...

OleBe

Hi Dan,

you have to put the camera in manual focus mode first. Then you can press the AF-L button and the camera will focus, shutter button will only trigger the shutter now. :)

danlindberg

Tried it and it is much more accurate!!! 7 quick images just around me and focus where I wanted it on 6 of them. Much appreciated for the advise :)

OleBe

Very welcome! The X1D focus ring is always on, even in AF. Meaning if you have focused and turn it ever so slightly, maybe due to your hand position the focus will shift. This is also something to keep in mind.