The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

xf 56mm 1.2 vs gf 80mm 1.7 rendering, bokeh and af

guphotography

has anyone lucky enough to have both to compare how each lens perform in their respective system?

mainly interested in how each lens renders an image, sharpness at wide open, af speed and accuracy.

thanks!

Rand47

This post has been “sitting” for quite a while. I‘ve owned both lenses, but not at the same time. One of the difficulties in making a comparison is that the XF 56mm f/1.2 is an equivalent focal length of 84mm while the GF 80 f/1.7 is an equivalent 63 mm lens. Completely different rendering at similar subject distances. (The GF 110 f/2 might be a better comparison for the 56mm APS-C lens.) And then there’s the difference in sensor size between the two systems they are used on. The GFX system sensor is HUGE in comparison to APS-C and the native aspect ratios are different enough to affect rendering and apparent fov.

I can say this. Both of these lenses are excellent. Both are slow to AF compared to other Fuji lenses with linear motors. The detail rendering of the GFX GF lenses/system is beyond anything APS-C is capable of producing.

Rand

guphotography

Thanks for taking time replying.

I've decided to go back to Sony after reviewing noise level at high iso, smaller sensor is still quite far behind at iso 6400. Plus the AF speed isn't quite on par with Sony A7iv.

Let's hope GM 50 1.2 does not disappoint.