The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Deleted

• Thread starter Deleted member 7792
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7792

Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not afraid to spend for good lenses, but for me this is too expensive. I'll stick with the dreadful 135mm ƒ1.8 Sonnar.

iiiNelson

I'm not afraid to spend for good lenses, but for me this is too expensive. I'll stick with the dreadful 135mm ƒ1.8 Sonnar.
Thats sort of my thinking. My ONLY issue with the A-mount version is that I can't AF to the edges of the viewfinder without focus/recompose techniques.

ecsh

I was waiting to see what it was going to be, and now i will put my funds towards a more versitle lens like the 24-70 2.8. I know its more than the Batis, but i will have more useage. From time to time i use the CZ on my A7rii with the adapter, and am happy with that.

iiiNelson

On a somewhat related note, I tried the Sigma 135/1.8 today on a D810. It's quite large but the optical quality seems pretty special. I really don't want to part with my Sony Zeiss 135/1.8 but I would like to take advantage of Eye AF and the other features.

iiiNelson

I have the Sigma 135 1.8 coming next week. Could not resist
Looking forward to seeing results. I've heard that some people have issues with the camera needing to be reset when using the MC-11 adapter. I'm curious to know if you end up experiencing the same issues.

Knorp

Looking forward to seeing results. I've heard that some people have issues with the camera needing to be reset when using the MC-11 adapter. I'm curious to know if you end up experiencing the same issues.
So far no issues with my lens.
It's big, it's heavy, it's spectacular ... :eek:
Anyway, looking forward to Guy's findings and verdict.
Lenstip is pretty impressed by its performance: Sigma A 135 mm f/1.8 DG HSM