The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

L-Mount Alliance

rickgrainger

I really hope that Leica and Panasonic have been working with Profoto to come out with a TTL version of the Air Remote for their flash systems.

Knorp

Many thanks for all the links ....

are you getting one :cool:;):eek:
Hey Peter, I don't think so. It's a fine camera no doubt, but I'm quite happy and content with my Fuji gear (and Sony and µ43 ...:rolleyes:).
But above all I'd like to know what the other alliance members, Leica (SL2 ?) and let's not forget Sigma (Foveon ?), will announce hopefully any time soon.

I'm not in a hurry ... :sleep:

k-hawinkler

Hey Peter, I don't think so. It's a fine camera no doubt, but I'm quite happy and content with my Fuji gear (and Sony and µ43 ...:rolleyes:).
But above all I'd like to know what the other alliance members, Leica (SL2 ?) and let's not forget Sigma (Foveon ?), will announce hopefully any time soon.

Interesting take on cameras Bart. Fuji, Sony, Olympus for me. :thumbs: :thumbup: :grin:
But which non-Leica camera would be best for my Leica M and R lenses? :facesmack: :LOL:

bensonga

It is a FF Sigma Foveon L-mount camera that could tempt me. Add a few Sigma Art primes. :thumbs:

Just yesterday I made a few more 13x19 inch prints from my DP1, DP2 and DP3 Merrill Death Valley images to show some friends who were not familiar with the Foveon sensor. Re image quality, those little cameras definitely punch above their weight.

Hmmm...an opportunity to use my Leica R lenses on a FF Foveon camera. Didn’t think I would ever see that day coming.

Gary

Last edited:

Knorp

As far as lenses concerned there will be plenty to choose from in the foreseeable future; some 'cheap', some 'dear' ...

Screenshot 2019-02-02 at 11.26.28.jpg

source: Photographyblog

bensonga

I don't know how I missed this interview with the CEO of Sigma re their plans for the L-mount alliance. Very good news for those of us who like the Foveon sensor (Sigma will develop a FF Foveon L-mount camera) and those who like Sigma lenses. Sigma will offer many of their DSLR lenses in a L-mount and develop a line of native L-mount lenses with the shorter flange distance possible with mirrorless cameras.

Gary

https://www.imaging-resource.com/ne...-ceo-kazuto-yamaki-give-peek-l-mount-alliance

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Interesting take on cameras Bart. Fuji, Sony, Olympus for me. :thumbs: :thumbup: :grin:
But which non-Leica camera would be best for my Leica M and R lenses? :facesmack: :LOL:
Why not go with a used Leica camera for your M lenses - a used M240 or M10 or even better a used SL, which should become pretty cheap as soon as the SL2 is announced.

These are not new lenses. They are the old lenses with a built-in extenders so they work with L-mount cameras. Not saying they are not good. But why buy an L-mount body to use them? There are already available in a variety of mounts for your existing cameras.

iiiNelson

These are not new lenses. They are the old lenses with a built-in extenders so they work with L-mount cameras. Not saying they are not good. But why buy an L-mount body to use them? There are already available in a variety of mounts for your existing cameras.
Maybe he’s buying the body he wants and has the option of native lenses to use on them.

bensonga

Why buy them? For those of us who like the Sigma ART primes and have or plan to buy a L-mount camera, these are a great option. Excellent quality L-mount lenses at very attractive prices. Ultimately Sigma will be releasing native L-mount lenses specifically designed for the mirrorless bodies.

Gary

iiiNelson

One of the more overlooked, and potentially exciting things, is that Sigma is developing at least 3 additional L-mount lenses that’ll be exclusive (for now at least) to the L-Mount system. These lenses are supposed to be out within the next year or so. I wonder if Sigma will go with a premium lens line that is structured above the Art series that’s also “Leica Certified” and all-metal housed versus the polycarbonate lenses they have now.

https://www.l-rumors.com/sigma-ceo-...l-mount-lenses-will-be-announced-within-2019/

iiiNelson

Panasonic will announce a promotion soon where they’re offering a free battery grip and an extra battery with the purchase of any LUMIX S camera or kit which is an additional $440 value.

iiiNelson

Not my picture but one I saw on the internet of size comparison between the S1 and the 5DmkIV. Doesn't seem quite as large as some have described it IMO.

Untitled by Tre Nelson, on Flickr