The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

sr1 flash system

msadat

this is/was an important issue for me as i did not want pick up more flashes. it seems that they will be using the m4/3 flash systems, all the flashes the point to, is what is out there for m 4/3. i am happy

jdphoto

I was hoping Profoto would make an Air Remote TTL for Panasonic as the S1/S1r would be great for pro shoots. Although, 1/320th flash sync is pretty good for a FP shutter. Actually, I think that's the fastest flash sync for any FP shutter not using HSS. So, ND filters would be necessary for bringing down ambient and fast lenses.

iiiNelson

this is/was an important issue for me as i did not want pick up more flashes. it seems that they will be using the m4/3 flash systems, all the flashes the point to, is what is out there for m 4/3. i am happy
The Godox triggers are working and the Profoto Air remote works too.

baudolino

The Elinchrom Skyport for Panasonic also apparently works for HSS (not sure about TTL). Elinchrom confirmed to me they hadn't tested the S1/S1R yet and their only source of info (as of one month ago when I asked) was the video linked below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDYT2FZtkok

Note: I assume that if the trigger works with HSS (ELB500TTL), it should also work with HS (ELB400/ELB1200) but this is something I will need to test or get confirmation on before considering the Panasonic.

iiiNelson

Allegedly the Profoto Air-Olympus controller works on Panasonic Cameras... unofficially of course. Some have stated that they share flash protocol.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Allegedly the Profoto Air-Olympus controller works on Panasonic Cameras... unofficially of course. Some have stated that they share flash protocol.
Panasonic has used the Olympus flash protocol since the launch of their first 4/3 camera, the L1. My impressions is that the Olympus flash system has developed nicely, so it's probably a vise choice to remain there.

iiiNelson

Panasonic has used the Olympus flash protocol since the launch of their first 4/3 camera, the L1. My impressions is that the Olympus flash system has developed nicely, so it's probably a vise choice to remain there.
I only say allegedly because I don’t have any native flashes for my Panasonic.i suppose I can just buy the Godox controller for mine.

I’ll probably pick up one of the S1 cameras this summer. I’m leaning towards the S1R right now because I want the ability to crop but I’m gonna wait until the next lens roadmap is released... or the next round of promotions because I have a feeling the prices will be dropping on the bodies soon. At worst case it can possibly be my personal system but I’ll consider what Fuji announces with the GFX 100 as well before buying. I believe that I’m gonna keep the Sony system too for work because I’m not sure I trust the Panasonic fully with the mixed AF reviews. In any case I’ll start with one body and maybe the 3 launch lenses.