Site Sponsors

Thread: sr1 flash system

Post Thanks / Like

sr1 flash system

this is/was an important issue for me as i did not want pick up more flashes. it seems that they will be using the m4/3 flash systems, all the flashes the point to, is what is out there for m 4/3. i am happy

Post Thanks / Like

Re: sr1 flash system

I was hoping Profoto would make an Air Remote TTL for Panasonic as the S1/S1r would be great for pro shoots. Although, 1/320th flash sync is pretty good for a FP shutter. Actually, I think that's the fastest flash sync for any FP shutter not using HSS. So, ND filters would be necessary for bringing down ambient and fast lenses.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by msadat View Post
    this is/was an important issue for me as i did not want pick up more flashes. it seems that they will be using the m4/3 flash systems, all the flashes the point to, is what is out there for m 4/3. i am happy
    The Godox triggers are working and the Profoto Air remote works too.
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The Elinchrom Skyport for Panasonic also apparently works for HSS (not sure about TTL). Elinchrom confirmed to me they hadn't tested the S1/S1R yet and their only source of info (as of one month ago when I asked) was the video linked below:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDYT2FZtkok

Note: I assume that if the trigger works with HSS (ELB500TTL), it should also work with HS (ELB400/ELB1200) but this is something I will need to test or get confirmation on before considering the Panasonic.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Allegedly the Profoto Air-Olympus controller works on Panasonic Cameras... unofficially of course. Some have stated that they share flash protocol.

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by iiiNelson View Post
    Allegedly the Profoto Air-Olympus controller works on Panasonic Cameras... unofficially of course. Some have stated that they share flash protocol.
    Panasonic has used the Olympus flash protocol since the launch of their first 4/3 camera, the L1. My impressions is that the Olympus flash system has developed nicely, so it's probably a vise choice to remain there.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Panasonic has used the Olympus flash protocol since the launch of their first 4/3 camera, the L1. My impressions is that the Olympus flash system has developed nicely, so it's probably a vise choice to remain there.
    I only say allegedly because I don稚 have any native flashes for my Panasonic.i suppose I can just buy the Godox controller for mine.

I値l probably pick up one of the S1 cameras this summer. I知 leaning towards the S1R right now because I want the ability to crop but I知 gonna wait until the next lens roadmap is released... or the next round of promotions because I have a feeling the prices will be dropping on the bodies soon. At worst case it can possibly be my personal system but I値l consider what Fuji announces with the GFX 100 as well before buying. I believe that I知 gonna keep the Sony system too for work because I知 not sure I trust the Panasonic fully with the mixed AF reviews. In any case I値l start with one body and maybe the 3 launch lenses.