The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with S1/s1r

AndereObjektiv

after the rain

this afternoon - s1r & sigma 45 contemporary @ f/11 hires-mode - finally getting warmer - loving this native lens. It makes splendid images.

bensonga

I rented a S1R today from the local camera shop here in Anchorage (Stewarts Photo) to decide if I wanted to get it as a companion for the S1 I bought from Stewarts last month. I had time this afternoon to take a few handheld shots around town with my 24-105/4 lens. Here are three of them.

Gary

bensonga

For me, the ultimate test is how I like the prints. So I made 13x19 and 17x25 prints with my Epson P800 of these and a few other S1R images this evening.

Decison made. I'll be buying this S1R.

Gary

PeterA

For me, the ultimate test is how I like the prints. So I made 13x19 and 17x25 prints with my Epson P800 of these and a few other S1R images this evening.

Gary
Hi Gary,

may I ask are you using any RIP with the Epson and how do you like it?

Pete

bensonga

Hi Peter. I generally use the Epson printer driver with the P800 (and with my 3880 and other Epson printers in the past). I like the Epson ABW (Advanced Black and White) functionality. Occasionally I will use QTR (Quadtone RIP) if I'm not getting results I like with ABW on particular images/prints.

Two of the regular particpants in monthly color and B&W print exchanges I've been part of since April 2002 use Imageprint 10 to make their prints with a P800 and P5000. The prints do look very good.

My only complaint with the P800 is that when printing on 17 inch wide paper I sometimes get a slight paper skew as the paper feeds thru the printer. I've found ways to minimize it, but it does require some extra care.

Gary

bensonga

Thankfully, taking photos and making prints (which for me is mostly a solitary activity) is one thing some of us can do without health risks, to ourselves or others, in these uncertain times.

Gary

Last edited:

iiiNelson

Gary
I figured that you’d like it. I really like mine in my limited usage with it. Just been really busy with life and work.

PeterA

Hi Peter. I generally use the Epson printer driver with the P800 (and with my 3880 and other Epson printers in the past). I like the Epson ABW (Advanced Black and White) functionality. Occasionally I will use QTR (Quadtone RIP) if I'm not getting results I like with ABW on particular images/prints.

Two of the regular particpants in monthly color and B&W print exchanges I've been part of since April 2002 use Imageprint 10 to make their prints with a P800 and P5000. The prints do look very good.

My only complaint with the P800 is that when printing on 17 inch wide paper I sometimes get a slight paper skew as the paper feeds thru the printer. I've found ways to minimize it, but it does require some extra care.

Gary
Thanks Gary I might look into this printer it gets pretty good reviews..

Pete