The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with S1/s1r

PeterA

It might be worth checking out the Canon Pro-1000 too.

Canon PRO-1000 printer review - Northlight Images

While I have mostly used Epson photo printers for the last 20+ years, I've also owned/used the Canon Pro-10 and Pro-100 with good results. The Pro-1000 looks very good.

Gary
Thanks for the link Gary. My benchmark is actually cost of outsourcing to pro labs V the amenity of knocking off smaller sized stuff at home. My typical print size starts at 3X2 or 4X3 feet and I wont ever buy a large printer as I'm just not interested. However for smaller sized print runs - maybe...tbh I've hung a 75inch LCD screen on a wall at home and use that for personal display...but I do want to print some small stuff around the place. books/albums are definitely imo left to outsourcing

Pete

bensonga

Processed one more of the few images I took with the S1R a couple weeks ago, before the "stay at home" order kicked in. I may try to get out this weekend for little while. Get some fresh air, exercise and take a few photos. Lots of space here in Alaska to be outdoors and far away from anyone else.

Gary

Ship Creek Ice Floes, S1R, S Pro 24-105/4

iiiNelson

Went to one of the hunting preserves a couple days ago to socially distance myself and do some shooting... of my S1R + 24-105/4.

Lizard on a Cliff

_III0023 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Snake on the same Cliff (about 20-50 ft away)

_III0024 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

_III0025 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

_III0027 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

_III0028 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Random Plants

_III0034 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

_III0035 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

_III0042 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

This plant had some elk fur stuck to it

_III0052 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

_III0053 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Random brush collected on the ground

_III0058 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

scho

Given the S1R is an outstanding camera in my view, we need some more image action here on this board. S1r, 16-35mm f4, F/10. Cornwall, England,
I agree Quentin. The S1R is an excellent camera with rock solid build and very good performance. I finally traded off most of my remaining Sony and Canon gear (except for some of the EF lenses) for a like new S1R and Lumix S 24-105 lens. I also have two Sigma MC-21 converters that work perfectly with the Canon EF lenses that I held back and a couple of Sigma SA mount lenses (50/1.4 and 100-400). Very pleased with the performance of the S1R with all of the native and adapted lenses. A few sample images from the new kit below.

S1R + Lumix S 24-105

Sigma 100-400 /4 C

Canon EF 16-35/4 L

16mm

20mm

scho

Still exploring options with the S1R.

Laowa 14/4 Zero-D lens in L mount. Looks like this one will need a flat field DNG profile for correcting corner color casts.

First try with High-Res mode using the 24-105. Cropped to a 135 MP image and resampled 50% for posting to Flickr.

Last edited: