The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tethered Capture with S1R Question

Greg Haag

Does anyone know if you can tether directly into Capture One or Lightroom with S1R or do you have to use the Lumix tether software?

Thanks in advance,

Greg

gerald.d

I tether with the S1R using the Lumix software, targeting the Capture folder of a C1 Session so that I can review and edit in Capture One.

It's not ideal, but it works for me.

One thing I would stress though is that the live view of the Lumix tether software is nowhere near good enough to gauge critical focus (I typically work in the 1:1.2 to 1:1.8 magnification range) - the resolution of the live view is extremely low.

Kind regards,

Gerald.

Greg Haag

I tether with the S1R using the Lumix software, targeting the Capture folder of a C1 Session so that I can review and edit in Capture One.

It's not ideal, but it works for me.

One thing I would stress though is that the live view of the Lumix tether software is nowhere near good enough to gauge critical focus (I typically work in the 1:1.2 to 1:1.8 magnification range) - the resolution of the live view is extremely low.

Kind regards,

Gerald.
Thank you Gerald, I will try that.