Site Sponsors

Thread: Has anyone tried the Siggy 50 on the S1R?

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried the Siggy 50 on the S1R?

I'm sure it's performance is up to snuff. Maybe a bit worse than the Panasonic...but I'd venture not much. How does the AF compare? The S Pro is so damn fast, I've read that the Sigmas are not quite as good.

I'm thinking of switching due to cost reasons.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has anyone tried the Siggy 50 on the S1R?

Nobody has tried any of the Sigma lenses?

Post Thanks / Like

I have no experience with L-mount versions of the Sigma range, but from what I saw with other versions is that they seem to work really hard on their firmware and at least with Sony the AF gets closer and closer to the Sony lenses as to where I don't find it a factor anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I now have the Sigma 50 ART for L mount. I can say it's a lot smaller than the Panasonic, and performs just about as well. The AF is not quite as confident as the S Pro, but I'm guessing firmware will fix this sooner than later.

At $829 the black friday price was a no brainer. Looking forward to adding the 35/1.2 at some point. Panasonic needs to ramp up their releases. I'd love to own Panasonic primes, but they need to come back down to earth a bit.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedgraphic View Post
    Well I now have the Sigma 50 ART for L mount. I can say it's a lot smaller than the Panasonic, and performs just about as well. The AF is not quite as confident as the S Pro, but I'm guessing firmware will fix this sooner than later.

At $829 the black friday price was a no brainer. Looking forward to adding the 35/1.2 at some point. Panasonic needs to ramp up their releases. I'd love to own Panasonic primes, but they need to come back down to earth a bit.
    Really interested one hearing your long term experience with the DSLR designed Sigma lenses.

I’m a bit “gun shy” in jumping to the DSLR designs (based on past experience with the DSLR designs on Sony early on) but I will say that in fairness the new 35/1.2 performs well on the Sony... the mirrorless designed 14-24 and 45 perform well on the Panasonic as well.
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

sorry wrong thread..
    Last edited by PeterA; 9th December 2019 at 21:51.