Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Take on the new Leica SL2

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: My Take on the new Leica SL2

Quote Originally Posted by Paratom View Post
    I havent compared directly but I have owned an A7II some years ago, and tested a Z7 and owned a Z6 for some weeks and a S1r for some months.

Unscientific I think the Z6 has a little better C-AF than the SL(2) and S1r. In S-AF I find all those cams quite fast in S-AF, good for my kids at sports or my dog occasionally.

If one wants to shoot a lot of action and sports I assume the Sony A9 or a Nikon D5 or D1x.... would be the logical choice.
    C-AF in contrast AF cams is still a compromise. On the other side speed and accurancy in S-AF is very good.
    Fair enough answer I have been a Leica owner and enthusiast for almost 40 years, I love the simplicity of the equipment. As with most people the older we get the worst our eyes are at critical focusing. I have run some tests and besides the normal issues anyone would have due to vibration, shake, low s/s I found I can’t manually focus hand held to satisfy my needs. Therefore a camera must check that box for me, the only way I have been able to nail focus manually is by shooting rapid bursts adjusting my position ever so slightly with the front middle back method. What does appeal to me is the resolution of the viewfinder and back lcd. I think the IBIS will be one of the most appealing pro’s of the SL2!
    Thanks
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: My Take on the new Leica SL2

Quote Originally Posted by bab View Post
    Fair enough answer I have been a Leica owner and enthusiast for almost 40 years, I love the simplicity of the equipment. As with most people the older we get the worst our eyes are at critical focusing. I have run some tests and besides the normal issues anyone would have due to vibration, shake, low s/s I found I can’t manually focus hand held to satisfy my needs. Therefore a camera must check that box for me, the only way I have been able to nail focus manually is by shooting rapid bursts adjusting my position ever so slightly with the front middle back method. What does appeal to me is the resolution of the viewfinder and back lcd. I think the IBIS will be one of the most appealing pro’s of the SL2!
    Thanks
    Ditto. I'm in a similar position. The IBIS is what could make it for me.
    Sláinte

Robert.