The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S1R Constant Preview issue

dwood

Hi all - I just got my hands on an S1R to play around with. Most of my shooting is in manual mode and it appears that in order for one to see what's going on with exposure as aperture/shutter speed/ISO values are changing, you need to turn on the 'Constant Preview' feature. Problem is that everything in both the EVF and monitor is updating in slow-motion, which makes it unusable. Anyone else experiencing this? Am I missing something?

SrMphoto

Hi all - I just got my hands on an S1R to play around with. Most of my shooting is in manual mode and it appears that in order for one to see what's going on with exposure as aperture/shutter speed/ISO values are changing, you need to turn on the 'Constant Preview' feature. Problem is that everything in both the EVF and monitor is updating in slow-motion, which makes it unusable. Anyone else experiencing this? Am I missing something?
'Constant Preview' simulates aperture and shutter settings. With slow shutter speed, you will see the effect in the EVF, with fast shutter speed, EVF updates will be smooth.

There are two additional settings that can be triggered only by assigning them to a function button. One is "Preview Aperture Effect" which shows you DOF while keeping the button pressed. The other is "Preview" that toggles between preview modes (see manual page 188) and is by default assigned to Fn2.