The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lumix S1 - limitations of Creative Video Mode

gebseng

Hi everyone on the forum,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for video realted questions, but maybe some of you also deal with similar problems.

I'm in the process of learning to shoot video on the S1. I have noticed that in Creative Video Mode, some video related menu entries are greyed out, unlike in PASM modes. Also the other way round.

Some examples:

In Creative Video Mode,

- Flicker Decrease (Video)
- i.Dynamic Range
- Special Mic.
- XLR Mic Adaptor Setting
- Image Stabilizer - Operation Mode

are greyed out and can not be changed:

IMG_0576.jpeg
IMG_0578.jpeg
IMG_0579.jpeg
IMG_0580.jpeg
IMG_0581.jpeg

On the other hand, in Aperture Priority Mode,

- Exposure Mode
- ISO Sensitivity (video)

are greyed out and can not be changed:

IMG_0581b.jpeg
IMG_0582.jpeg

So, is there really no way to change the I.S. in Creative Video Mode, or change the ISO for video in Aperture Priority mode? Or am I getting something wrong?

thanks for your input!

geb

Attachments

gebseng

An update on the situation: this only happens with the Lumix S 1:4/24-105 kit lens. With other lenses, the I.S. can be changed in Creative Video Mode. I wonder if there is a way to file a bug report with Panasonic.

best,

geb

Last edited: