Site Sponsors

Thread: Does anybody here knpw this guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Does anybody here knpw this guy?

http://www.johndersham.com/

I met his wife today in Collinsville, Alabama. which is not that far away from me.

I know he teaches photography and man I would love to learn to use large format.

Matto
    Last edited by viablex1; 30th October 2009 at 15:34.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does anybody here knpw this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by viablex1 View Post
    http://www.johndersham.com/

I met his wife today in Collinsville, Alabama. which is not that far away from me.

I know he teaches photography and man I would love to learn to use large format.

Matto
    You got me Matt, and I grew up close to that area. Never heard of him but nice work though. As far as adopting LF, the gear can be found used pretty cheap these days. You can pick up a good used LF camera and 2-3 lens for $1000 or less just to get started and be on your way. There have been a number of excellent books written on the use of these cameras as well.

There is something very special about using LF, I think you would gravitate toward it very well. Just jump in, you want regret it.

Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by routlaw View Post
    You got me Matt, and I grew up close to that area. Never heard of him but nice work though. As far as adopting LF, the gear can be found used pretty cheap these days. You can pick up a good used LF camera and 2-3 lens for $1000 or less just to get started and be on your way. There have been a number of excellent books written on the use of these cameras as well.

There is something very special about using LF, I think you would gravitate toward it very well. Just jump in, you want regret it.

Rob
    thanks I just dont know what to start off with, I am kind of hoping maybe I can play around with one before I buy you never know!! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by viablex1 View Post
    thanks I just dont know what to start off with, I am kind of hoping maybe I can play around with one before I buy you never know!! lol
    Just a suggestion, head over to Atlanta and visit KEH. They have a lot used LF gear that you should be able to demo and play around with in the store. They seem to enjoy a good reputation and have a large internet presence selling various used gear.