Site Sponsors

Thread: Hasselblad DB on Tech5 + Sinar P2

BlueLemon

Hasselblad DB on Tech5 + Sinar P2

I have recently bought a Hasselblad H3D2-39 with a couple of lenses.

I would like to use this back on my Sinar P2 and occasionally on my Linhof Technika 5 (both have 4x5 film standards).

This of course to be able to use my very old lenses e.g Kodak Portrait 305 and Heliar and Verito.

How do I come about this obsticle - is there a slidingback adapter that will fit the H3D2 and allow mounting on both Sinar and Linhof ?

And are there any technical obsticles that I should consider ?

If there are any solution to this, please write a link to website where these adapters are sold.

Hope you can help

Sincerely
    Claus Stensgaard
    Denmark

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hasselblad DB on Tech5 + Sinar P2

Claus,

You'll need a sliding back with a Graflok mount on the camera side, and a Hasselblad H mount on the other. This will let you use the back on both the Sinar and the Linhof. KaptureGroup www.kapturegroup.com makes such adapters. There are cheaper options available from Fotodiox www.fotodiox.com as well as on eBay. The only caveat with Graflok adapters is to make sure the locks are tight. Otherwise the weight of the adapter and the back might result in a very expensive accident! Wide angle usage will be limited, since the back will be further away. Also, the tilt and shift movements on the rear will not coincide with the markings on the camera, so a little back and forth will be required. If you're going to use it in the studio, you could get away with a simple Graflok adapter plate. You can then use live view to frame and focus your subjects.

Kumar

BlueLemon

Thank you Kumar

Yes the weight should be considered - a secure DB :-)

I will look into those adapters. Do you know how a 300 mm Heliar without shutter will perform on a Hasselblad 39 megapix fullframe - of course I need a shutter in front of the lens

Also I have a Kodak Soft focus Portrait lens with a Ilex shutter - this should work "out of the box"

More interesting is my 14.5 inch Wollensach Verito with Studioshutter - hmmm not sure that would work.

But let me know any advice

Thanks again

Claus

Post Thanks / Like

Claus,

Jim Collum has posted some images taken with old lenses on a Leaf 75. Check them out on the MF Forum.
    You need a shutter to give the back a signal to start and stop the exposure, as well as for the black calibration. Does the studio shutter have a sync terminal?

Kumar

BlueLemon

Yes Kumar, it has a sync - but i have never used it till now. But easy to test really - will do tomorrow.

Else a Packard shutter could be placed in front - a huge one :-)

Thanks Kumar.