The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone have experience with Schneider 150mm f5.6 APO-symmar L?

justin989

Hello everyone,

Anyone out there own or have used a scheider 150mm 5.6 symmar L, I just picked up one in mint condition on ebay for $525 and was wondering how it performs. I just moved up to LF, I purchased a Chamonix 45n-1 and was looking at a number of different lenses for landscape shooting, finally decided to go with this focal length because its a somewhat modestly wide normal lens and for the generous image circle :D

Im sure its probably super sharp but wanted to be reassured it was a wise decision.

thanks!

-J

pgmj

Sorry, no experience with the lens. I do have an old 150mm Symmar-S for my Chamonix 4x5, though. It's the lens I use the most, and I am very pleased with its performance. I think you will be very satisfied with the APO-Symmar L.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
It was my favorite 150, and FWIW the 120L was as good optically -- stunning really. So barring damage or misuse, it's great lens and you got it for a very good price -- you did well!

justin989

Thanks for the feedback guys! and yes, the verdict is good....I couldn't be happier with its performance and rendering quality, very sharp and not too contrasty. I posted one of the shots I took recently of a powerplant with it in the LF images post. amazing.