The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Question: Compare Schneider 24mm f/5.6 Apo-Digitar XL and 28mm f/2.8 Digitar

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
My suggestion would be to look at the 23 Rodenstock for a hyper-wide -- it has a larger IC than either of the short Schneiders. It will cover full-frame MF with a few mm to spare where the Schneiders clip the corners...

topgreat

My suggestion would be to look at the 23 Rodenstock for a hyper-wide -- it has a larger IC than either of the short Schneiders. It will cover full-frame MF with a few mm to spare where the Schneiders clip the corners...
The price of 23mm Rodenstock price is terrifying for me so that I would like some cheaper alternatives. Beside, I still use P30+ so I may not be able to do much T/S before I decide to upgrade. BTW, Jack, I know P30+ is not good for T/S due to microlense. However, is it too bad to fix the problem in C1?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, the P30+ is pretty terrible on a tech cam if you impart tilt or shift. Mostly okay though if you shoot it straight. Sorry

Don Libby

That's why I had to give my P30+ up for a P45+.

I had a24mm however found Ihad no movements...

Don

HI guys,
could somebody post some images made with a Schneider 28mm 2.8 WA? Is it possible to use it un an Aptus 5? I know there is not much movement. But is the quality better or equal than a Mamiya 28mm on a 645DF? Because it is cheaper..
Thank you

neil

Shibuya 109 - Tokyo Shibuya 109 GetDPI Image Gallery

Fotoman Dmini Camera with Schneider 28 mm Apo Digitar L and Phase P65+

I did not know what to do with my 28mm as no movements possible.
I mounted it on a fotoman Dmini and use as a travel point and shoot.
I am pleased with the results.
It does not quite cover the sensor of a p65+
But stopping down and processed in capture one the results are ok.

regards

Neil

RodK

HI guys,
could somebody post some images made with a Schneider 28mm 2.8 WA? Is it possible to use it un an Aptus 5? I know there is not much movement. But is the quality better or equal than a Mamiya 28mm on a 645DF? Because it is cheaper..
Thank you
Sorry.
I do not have any images from the 28mm 2.8 anymore.
I used to have one for a while. It did not like the 36x48mm sensor.
Dead straight it was Ok, but had some heavy CA off axis.

It was originally designed, I think, when the Leaf 11mp/17mp in 24x36 frame were in use. As it is a traditional design it exhibits a lot of curvature of field. A NEX 7 or A6000 might work well with it.

The 28mm 5.6 was much superior, though not quite as useful as the Rodenstock 28mm with it's reverse Tele design.

I think a great choice is the 35mm Schneider. Much cleaner than the 35mm Rodenstock, and lower priced. No distortion either. And a really tiny lens.

Hope this helps,
Rod