Site Sponsors

Thread: Ebony RW810E from Japan?

Post Thanks / Like

Ebony RW810E from Japan?

I've thought about switching from digital to the other extreme - 8x10" - for some time now.
    On Photokina I've handled an Ebony for the first time and I think I'm in love... :-)

I've always wanted to visit Japan anyway and wonder how expensive the Ebony RW810E (yes, Ebony wood) is there? Ebonycamera.com only mentions the resellers for foreign customers - would it be possible to collect it directly from Ebony?

I will take a few months to rethink this crazy investment but first I wanted to know the facts.

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Ebony RW810E from Japan?

It's a beautiful camera, and 8x10 is a blast to shoot with. It is a very slow, methodical and almost Zen-like process that has a lot of appeal.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind is that these cameras aren't mass-production items. So even if they're willing to let you pick one up in person, you can't be sure that they'll have the model you want on the shelf if you just drop in on short notice. Lead time if they have to build one to order can be several months.

So... email Ebony and ask them!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I agree with both replies: Ebony cameras are beautiful, and contacting the company is probably the best course.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Georgl,

I believe the prices in Japan are not much different. With the recent dive of the US dollar it's probably cheaper in the US now - might be beneficial to order one from Badger Graphic before the exchange rate impacts prices.

You could ping Per Volquarz (www.pervolquartz.com) if you want to hear of some more first-hand experience with the Ebony 8x10's. Just mention that I sent you.

Lars
    Monochrome: http://mochro.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!
    I will rethink it the next months and then directly contact Mr. Sakanashi.