Site Sponsors

Thread: Digital Back Adapter Plate for Chamonix View Camera

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Digital Back Adapter Plate for Chamonix View Camera

Hey everyone,

I am looking into renting a digital back for my Chamonix 45n-2 camera which has a standard graflok back for an upcoming project . I wanted to get some info on what type of adapter I would need to connect a digital back to it, I understand they come in M, V and H mounts but wanted to know if anyone out there has first hand experience and suggestions as to what model to research.

thanks in advance!

-J

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Digital Back Adapter Plate for Chamonix View Camera

Lot's of Graflok sliding adapters out there for V and M mount film backs, so one of those would probably be your best best. Phase and Leaf backs only need a simple pc post to back cable to trigger (some don't even really need that), so any in that combo should work for you.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    Lot's of Graflok sliding adapters out there for V and M mount film backs, so one of those would probably be your best best. Phase and Leaf backs only need a simple pc post to back cable to trigger (some don't even really need that), so any in that combo should work for you.
    Yes and no;

Yes, if use live view for focusing.

No or yes = if need one with groundglass for focus that adapter must be specific made for the strict tolerances for digital back.

Also bear in mind such wood 4x5 is not perfect rigid but lock down well and repeat adjustments may make it work. Use of digital tech camera should be much more solid.

Regards
    Anders

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Anders,

The Chamonix locks up pretty tight. All LF sliding backs for use with MF have GG's, that was the whole point of having them slide -- you just need to insure it's shimmed to match your back's sensor.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."