The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What film does this use?

durrIII

I found this mini speed graphic and it has only this roll back for it. What roll film does it use?

See photo.

Last edited:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
OK, since no one else answered. I'm just going to take a flyer and say 120/220. Only because it's hard to tell the size of the back from the photo. And 120 seems so obvious, I have to conclude that you would have thought of it but that you already know that it's not correct and that's why you're asking.

I have no idea if there was ever any other kind of roll film other than 120/220 that might have been appropriate in a more advanced camera like this.

Oren Grad

I've never seen that back before. If you really need to know, probably best to post a query on the board at graflex.org, where the Graphic experts live.

R

Ronan

I've never seen that back before. If you really need to know, probably best to post a query on the board at graflex.org, where the Graphic experts live.
I'm ban from that website, ever since i started to convert graflex 3 cells into Luke ANH & ESB collectible lightsabers (with full crystal chamber chassis, sound and lighting). :D

Godfrey

I found this mini speed graphic and it has only this roll back for it. What roll film does it use?
The Mini Speed Graphic's roll-film back produces 6x7 cm negatives or transparencies. The roll film back takes either 120 or 620 roll film ... hopefully 120 since it's a real pain to re-spool 120 film onto 620 spools.

The difference between 120 and 620 film is the diameter of the film spools. The film and backing paper is the same size.

Godfrey

Godfrey, that one looks like a Suydam rollholder.
LOL ... I'm no expert.

But since the camera is a 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 inch format (6x9 format) it stands to reason that any roll film holder for it carries either 120 or 620 film.