The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Slow speeds too fast on Compur shutter

tjv

Hey all,
I've noticed that the slow speeds of my 90mm f8 Super-Augulon are way too fast. It seems 1s is in actual fact more like 1/2s. My good friend is a camera tech and reckons he can service it but that the adjustments in the old Compur shutters are very course. I asked him if it could be a sign that the shutter is on deaths door and he didn't really give me a clear answer, just said it could very well be. Is there anyone out there who has experience in getting Compur shutters with this kind of problem fixed? I'm kind of thinking it might not be worth the trouble? I absolutely need a 90mm lens (for 4x5") and have always really wanted something faster, particularly to make focusing easier. Any ideas for a modestly priced but great performing 90mm lens if I'm forced to buy another?
Thanks all,
TJV

tjv

As a post note: I will get my friend to service the shutter regardless but I'm thinking ahead in order try preempt any interruptions in my shooting schedule. Thanks again. T