The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Toyo G parts

Guys,

I recently bought a Toyo G 4x5 that was in good condition with the exception that one of the focussing pinions (according to the parts list that's what they're called) was a bit bent. It sits inside a collar that covers the majority of the pinion, and trying to straighten it would be difficult without damaging the collar.

I did try emailing the US site toyoview.com to see if they had any parts, but didn't get a response. Seems quite common these days, unfortunately. Their site does say "All information and offers contained herewith apply to the USA only", which may be why they didn't respond, but a "sorry, no" would have been nice.

I sent one (the good one!) off to an engineering firm in the UK for an estimate for manufacture, and they say they can make a couple more for me for around £72.50 each (or around $115), which I guess is reasonable but more than I wanted to pay.

I have asked them if a larger run would help reduce the cost, and am awaiting a reply, but of course that would mean I would then have extras I don't need.
Does anyone here on the forum need one of these? Obviously the more I order the cheaper it would be.

Or can anyone think of an alternative solution?

Thanks, Rod.

After checking the phone number it's the MAC group that run the toyoview site.

I've sent an email off to the macgroupus address, we'll see what happens...

Failing that I'll have to pick up the phone!

Graham.