Site Sponsors

Thread: Toyo G parts

Post Thanks / Like

Question Toyo G parts

Guys,

I recently bought a Toyo G 4x5 that was in good condition with the exception that one of the focussing pinions (according to the parts list that's what they're called) was a bit bent. It sits inside a collar that covers the majority of the pinion, and trying to straighten it would be difficult without damaging the collar.

I did try emailing the US site toyoview.com to see if they had any parts, but didn't get a response. Seems quite common these days, unfortunately. Their site does say "All information and offers contained herewith apply to the USA only", which may be why they didn't respond, but a "sorry, no" would have been nice.

I sent one (the good one!) off to an engineering firm in the UK for an estimate for manufacture, and they say they can make a couple more for me for around 72.50 each (or around $115), which I guess is reasonable but more than I wanted to pay.

I have asked them if a larger run would help reduce the cost, and am awaiting a reply, but of course that would mean I would then have extras I don't need.
    Does anyone here on the forum need one of these? Obviously the more I order the cheaper it would be.

Or can anyone think of an alternative solution?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Toyo G parts

Call Mac Group and ask for Parts and service. 914-347-3300
    They are pretty good.
    Rod
    US Representative, Arca-Swiss International
    R-Line Technical Cameras, Large Format View Cameras, Tripod Heads D4, D4m, P1, P0, Z1, Z2, C1 Cube.
    http://www.rodklukas.com/arca-swiss 480-755-3364
    Instagram @arcaswissusa Facebook @arcaswissusa

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toyo G parts

Thanks, Rod.

After checking the phone number it's the MAC group that run the toyoview site.

I've sent an email off to the macgroupus address, we'll see what happens...

Failing that I'll have to pick up the phone!

Graham.