The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Arca-Swiss M-Line Two Tilt Scales?

BradleyGibson

The Arca-Swiss M-Line Two has scales for swing, shift, rise and fall. But I don't see any scales for tilt.

Am I missing something?

If not, any suggestions on how I might accurately dial in, say, 3º of tilt?

Many thanks,

gazwas

Hi Brad

Great to see you are enjoying the camera.

Not sure why there is not a scale but if its any help, every indent is 2.5°, likewise on swing.

BradleyGibson

Turns out the swing detents are 7.5º increments, Gareth--I assume the tilts will be the same...

That's a pretty big jump between detents, so accurately dialling in, say 2º is pretty tough.

If there's nothing on the camera, I may be able to rig up a custom solution.

Thanks,

gazwas

Who told you that?

As far as was aware (could be wrong) the markings on the swing scale are in 5° increments. The first physical indent when swinging sits between these marks, hence 2.5°.

I'd send Martin at Arca and email to get a definitive answer but this has always been my understanding.

BradleyGibson

I was just looking at the scale on the camera. But I'll take another look at the swing scale (maybe I missed the first detent or something).

Whatever it turns out to be, you think they (swing detents and tilt detents) are the same?

BradleyGibson

Well, it turns out I'm not crazy. The swing detents are indeed at 7.5° increments, not 2.5° or 5° (source: the camera's swing scales). Tilt is unmarked, so I've no idea if it's the same.

I'll try reaching out to A/S as well.