The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

cunim

My version of the happy dog pic. Makes me feel like getting out of the house.

8 x 10 Sinar, FP4+, Apo Sironar S 240mm @ f32

Last edited:

buggz

Sinar f2 - cemented pair meniscus lens in Polaroid shutter - 3sec. bulb "guess"
Lens build from Jim Galli.
Cropped from scanned 4x5 Fuji Instant FP-100C45 .

"Kitty Dreams"

buggz

4x5 Sinar f2 - Sinaron S 180mm - f5.6 - Fuji Instant FP-100C45
Crop of a very bad scan, from a crappy scanner, freakin' dust everywhere!

Douglas Benton

I'm not new to film, but it's been a while. I opened a way out of date box of tri-x 400 4x5 yesterday and set up a film room in the bathroom to do some testing. I don't normally do cat pictures, but here are the results. I am not happy with the scan but I am new at that. operator error I'm sure, but fun so far.
Doug

downstairs

8x10 Retro-Tonal in HC110 Shot with a 240mm Sironar on a Gandolfi and scanned on an Epson. Same subject as an M9 shot posted in the albums. Printed on 40x50 there's really not much difference between the two. A drum scan would do better.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
8x10 Retro-Tonal in HC110 Shot with a 240mm Sironar on a Gandolfi and scanned on an Epson. Same subject as an M9 shot posted in the albums. Printed on 40x50 there's really not much difference between the two. A drum scan would do better.
That's beautiful. You mean 40x50 centimeters not inches I assume?

Last edited:

downstairs

That's beautiful. You mean 40x50 centimeters not inches I assume?
Thanks! 40x50cm - in fact A2 in the Stylus Pro 4900. I'm ashamed to say on this branch of the forum that a six-shot stitch using the 90mm Macro-Elmar looks way better than 8x10 TMax flat-bed scanned. Maybe I should get an enlarger.
Heres another 8x10 with a an old Suter 360mm lens and an 8x10 version of the Leica stitch posted elsewhere.

Last edited:

viablex1

a couple from a morning trip to the local trainyard with a couple of members who happen to work at the same place i do

4x5, 9" veritos f4.5 (shot wide open), Betterlight

another from the evening before
8x10 & Wollensak Velostigmat 12"
shot on fp4 , developed Rodinal
More more

love that betterlight

Waldo on fuji instant 4X5 film Chamonix 4X5 with nikon 65mm lens

wldofuji270a by gungyduo, on Flickr

Nathan W. Lediard

Just did a job for the church office, they needed a portrait of a retiring priest. They hang the pictures in his church(s) along with all the other priests before him...
I knew he was a keen amateur photographer so once the digital mf shots were safely in the can I pulled out my trusty 1950s crown graphic and shot some very expired T59 and some not so expired T55.. my stocks are running low... gonna miss polaroid large format..
I sent him home smiling with two polaroids in his pocket :)

Nathan W. Lediard

Riccis, love those shots, i want to know more about those people after looking at them.. that to me at any rate is the sign of a good portrait...

Douglas Benton

I'm just starting to shoot film again. Here are a couple from the last couple of days as I'm trying to dial things in. I miss Polaroid.
Doug

Lloyd

I miss it to, Doug, and these are excellent reminders. Beautiful tonality, and beautiful portraits too.