The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

routlaw

A restaurant interior's:

Please leave some comments as I'm really new in interior photography.
Alex I think these are very well done. Your client should be pleased. If I were to criticize at all they might be just a tad too warm, (though this is a very subjective evaluation in this particular case) but the treatment also provides richness and warmth to the subject. Other than that excellent work.

Rob

AlexLF

Very very nice Alex.
Love even the first shot, which gives a live feel from the customer perspective.

Tones are rich, lights smooth.
The place looks great -and not exactly cheap.

Btw, if you shot some with your D3X on this session, it'b be interesting to see them (Nikon section?)... :)
Nope, I had not enough time. Becides, I don't have such a wide lens for my Nikon.... even if I had there are no movements :(

AlexLF

Alex I think these are very well done. Your client should be pleased. If I were to criticize at all they might be just a tad too warm, (though this is a very subjective evaluation in this particular case) but the treatment also provides richness and warmth to the subject. Other than that excellent work.

Rob
Thank you Rob! That restaurant have another small room and it's all yellow - with very interesting interior too. But either me or Provia failed to catch it on emulsion. I think the problem with the first case :)

routlaw

Thank you Rob! That restaurant have another small room and it's all yellow - with very interesting interior too. But either me or Provia failed to catch it on emulsion. I think the problem with the first case :)
LOL, been there done that too although it was not too funny at the time. Oh well can't nail it every time can we.

I assume then you did not use any auxiliary lighting then? Or CC filters? Just curious.

Rob

AlexLF

LOL, been there done that too although it was not too funny at the time. Oh well can't nail it every time can we.

I assume then you did not use any auxiliary lighting then? Or CC filters? Just curious.

Rob
No, just plain combination of camera+lens+film... +scanner +PS :)

Lars

Alex,
Mixed lighting is obviously a challenge, in the images you posted it worked out pretty well but it could have been a lot worse.

I've seen excellent examples of multiple exposure - one of the Kodak books, I think - where one exposure was made at daytime to capture the outdoors scenery through the windows, and one exposure at night, using different filtration, to capture the indoors scene. Very tedious of course, and not always possible, but the results can be stunning.

AlexLF

Alex,
Mixed lighting is obviously a challenge, in the images you posted it worked out pretty well but it could have been a lot worse.

I've seen excellent examples of multiple exposure - one of the Kodak books, I think - where one exposure was made at daytime to capture the outdoors scenery through the windows, and one exposure at night, using different filtration, to capture the indoors scene. Very tedious of course, and not always possible, but the results can be stunning.
Thank you! I had an idea to take a pic to make up windows, so only different exposure would be used. But different filters... that's a good idea!

Lars

There's a good example of multiple exposure in Simmons: "Using the View Camera, revised edition", a an exterior photo of the post office building in Stockton. First exposure long before sunrise to get the interior lighting, with filtration to make the fluorescent lighting warm an pleasand Second exposure 30 mins after sunrise captured the exterior in bright sunlight.

(I could not find that image online).

dbogdan

I'm in... sorry about the dust/quick scan

Pictured Rocks... Munising MI. 4x5 gaeorsi... schneider 58mm 5.6... velvia 100

Last edited:

dbogdan

Thanks Lloyd!
Here's a recent one from Detroit's abandoned Train Station, aka, Michigan Central Station

4x5 provia 100

dbogdan

Thanks for the encouragement!!
I think I got a handle on it:toocool: ... here's one from the 16th floor and I'm off to bed.