The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

justin989

Great tonality Justin, I like it too!
Thank you Jack! I'm really liking the tmax/adox development combo for sure, the tones are fantastic.

Here's another I shot over the weekend on the promenade in battery park city with the goldman sachs tower rising above the Jersey City shoreline

Chamonix 45n-1
Schneider apo symmar 210mm
adox 50 [tmax 1+4 dilution]

Lars

This just out of the drum scanner:

Stovepipe Wells dunes, April 2006 (workshop w Jack Flesher and Tom Tworek). Cooke XVa (645 mm) on 8x10 E100VS. The original is overexposed in a lovely high-key manner but it responded well to tonal adjustments.

Of course it looks great in black and white, but that's somehow like taking the easy way out.

Last edited:
S

SCHWARZZEIT

This is a series I photographed one year ago over a period of 104 minutes on the evening of May 31st, 2009.

-Dominique

PSon

Michel,
Love the last two images here and the compositions.

Jim, You always inspire me to go with the betterlight scanner one day for IR work.

Lars, Justin, and Germy, all amazing works.

-Son

donbga

This just out of the drum scanner:

Stovepipe Wells dunes, April 2006 (workshop w Jack Flesher and Tom Tworek). Cooke XVa (645 mm) on 8x10 E100VS. The original is overexposed in a lovely high-key manner but it responded well to tonal adjustments.

Of course it looks great in black and white, but that's somehow like taking the easy way out.
Wonderful Lars. It's been a while since I've been to Stovepipe Wells, these are lovely!

Don Bryant

routlaw

various meniscus (meniscii?) lenses.. shot on the Ebony with a Betterlight.
Interesting, what is a miniscus lens? Is it just me or do these images look different than the ones posted on the LF forums? Same images obviously but they look different. Perhaps its the gray background on getdpi, but I don't think so.

rob