The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

viablex1

man I hope you get better!!!!

and when you do post some pics which one did you get????

will the betterlight be working on that one??

matto

routlaw

man I hope you get better!!!!

and when you do post some pics which one did you get????

will the betterlight be working on that one??

matto
Got the SV45TE and yep will use it with the BL. Snowing to beat the band here right now, not a good situation for LF digital. :thumbdown:

Thanks

BenH

Ebony SV45U2 and if memory serves
the lens was the Rodenstock 135mm APO Sironar-S

Ben

Last edited:

photoSmart42

First shots with the Chamonix 45N-2. Schneider Symmar-S 150 on Velvia 50, metered/timed with my iPhone, and scanned with my Epson V750. I'm really happy with my first attempt!

routlaw

Got some time this afternoon to field test my new Ebony SV45Te with the Betterlight. Just a simple test scan. Thanks for looking.

Rob

Lens was Rodenstock 135mm Sironar S, F16, line time of 120/th of second @ 75% resolution, ISO 800

Last edited:
Rob,

That looks great- if this is a test, looking forward to seeing more!

Had you shot with this kind of back before? How did you find its operation?

Thanks for sharing,

Rick

Last edited:

routlaw

Rob,

That looks great- if this is a test, looking forward to seeing more!

Had you shot with this kind of back before? How did you find its operation?

Thanks for sharing,

Rick
Thanks Rick. Oh yes have used this back quite a bit in the studio as well as field work. Unfortunately there is not a short answer to your question about its operation, but will try to answer as succinctly as possible.

Cutting to the chase I have yet to seen any imaging device its equal, period. But it does take patience and a methodical approach with attention to detail. It is not a quick and dirty system of shooting by any stretch of the imagination and there is a lot of gear to lug around, cables, laptops, battery supplies et al. It does have its limitations but then to some degree all camera systems do.

However if you gravitate toward or are inspired by "slow photography" with ultimate image quality as the final result you will be rewarded. Looking at Betterlight files is addictive to say the least, nothing else compares IMO.

Mostly this image was just a quick field test to get used to the Ebony I had recently purchase which is a nice camera btw.

Rob

routlaw

One more from last night. Just about burnt the highlights to a crisp on this one. The light had changed (more than I thought) as I panned to the right some 20-30º and failed to compensate in the exposure. Took some pushing and shoving in PS to make it work.

Thanks for looking.

Rob

Last edited: