The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

AlanS

Wow, Thanks Ray, I can never quite judge the reaction to the personal ones, I almost didn't post this one but pleased it struck a chord.
Alan.

Professional

American Hotel, Cerro Gordo, CA

Ebony SV45U2, Nikkor 90mm 4.5 SW
Which film did you use here? and if you did process it by yourself, can you tell what developer you used?

Impressive work and great tonal range and details the whole frame.

BenH

Which film did you use here? and if you did process it by yourself, can you tell what developer you used?

Impressive work and great tonal range and details the whole frame.
This original is actually on color film, Fuji Astia, scanned and converted in Silver Effects Pro 2. The lighting was very soft and dim, just a little late afternoon illumination from a couple windows.

Ben

Professional

This original is actually on color film, Fuji Astia, scanned and converted in Silver Effects Pro 2. The lighting was very soft and dim, just a little late afternoon illumination from a couple windows.

Ben
Oh i see, so then i will go and buy more color films to use, and i heard that neg is more latitude than the slide, but you managed to convert this color slide to B&W nicely, don't know if you shoot with B&W film it may give same result.

BenH

Oh i see, so then i will go and buy more color films to use, and i heard that neg is more latitude than the slide, but you managed to convert this color slide to B&W nicely, don't know if you shoot with B&W film it may give same result.
I made a couple B&W exposures of this scene at the time I made the color one and located the film today. When I get a chance I will scan the B&W and compare results. I had the color version already scanned and was working with it in SEP 2. That is the reason I posted the conversion. Hopefully the B&W scan will be just as good or better.

Ben

Professional

I made a couple B&W exposures of this scene at the time I made the color one and located the film today. When I get a chance I will scan the B&W and compare results. I had the color version already scanned and was working with it in SEP 2. That is the reason I posted the conversion. Hopefully the B&W scan will be just as good or better.

Ben
Great, thanks! :thumbs:

GregMO

Here's an image taken in April of the Jefferson Memorial with the blooming Cherry Blossoms around midnight.
Horseman 4x5, SK 210mm apo, Acros, F22. Two shots: one 10 min exposure & one 90 sec exposure for the Jefferson blended.
Thanks for looking.

BenH

Here's an image taken in April of the Jefferson Memorial with the blooming Cherry Blossoms around midnight.
Horseman 4x5, SK 210mm apo, Acros, F22. Two shots: one 10 min exposure & one 90 sec exposure for the Jefferson blended.
Thanks for looking.
Very nice results from the blended exposures.