The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

M

mjr

Try Large Format Digital Backs and Cameras

Sounds a very interesting project, a 9x11 digital back!

For what it's worth, I really like the shot, nothing wrong with experimenting with movements, it's a beautiful effect in this instance. I personally hate movements to make landscapes look like they are in miniature but this I like.

Mat

LargeSense

I'll put up specs later for the camera. It has large pixels so it is not high resolution. It has a high base ISO and quick read time so it is possible to do a live view for focusing.

Here's another photo from that session with just tilt and a Fujinon SF lens 1:5.6 / 250 mm.

Bill

Thanks for the link, but didnt find any specs
edit: and priced? Like an aircraft carrier?

richardman

Since the moderator deleted the spam posts, it should be noted that foveon comment refers to the deleted spam, and not my post that looks to be immediately above :)

richardman

4th Times Is A Charm
and why https://www.facebook.com/Transformations.CosplayPortraits is a long term project.

I took the photo at the left in Jan 2014. Unfortunately, Colleen / Princess Agitha left ALA before I could take her casual photo. Then at FAnime, we met up and the photo was ... misfocused Then we met at a cosplay gathering and I accidentally tugged on the film holders and one sheet (out of six) got exposed to the Sun and OF COURSE it's the one with her on it :-[. Finally, this weekend I drove a thousand miles to Sacramento and nailed it. Enjoy!

From the audio notes:

I met Peachy Pie at Anime LA 2014. She is a full time student majoring in art design, and has been going to anime cons for 5 years. While she makes her own costumes, she calls herself “pretty new” at sewing.

Peachy Pie: “The best part of cosplay is getting it done, wearing it, and becoming the character."

"If you play the game (Zelda games), Princess Agitha seems to have Asperger. She is quirky and seems to be shy... she has “something”, like the positions of her hands. She won't really make eye contact very much. I have Asperger myself, but it's not really bad. If people ask, I would tell them... Now that I am older, I can see from her that that's how I was.”

richardman

My Cooke PS945 came in! Since my wife is away for a few days so I have no model. So I tested it with a selfie :)

I tested it with F4.5 also but I didn't realize the Copal shutter does not like "in-between" shutter speed :-[

The "5" fingers is a reminder that it's F5.6 :)

Developed in Bluegrass authentic Harvey 777.

foveon

very well cleaned mirror^^
edit: can you say something about the lense design please, you move one element seperatly?

richardman

Hi Foveon, supposedly the lens design is a recreation of the famous Pinkham & Smith Visual Quality Series IV Soft Focus Lens. The soft focus effect is entirely based on the aperture (e.g. from 4.5 to F8) At F11 on, it's sharp with beautiful bokeh (I will test that out today).