Site Sponsors

Thread: Linhof techno and lensplates

Post Thanks / Like

Linhof techno and lensplates

Hi guys,

is it possible to buy a rodenstock or schneider or xxx lens and a lensplate from linhof and use it with your linhof techno? Selfmade!

In other systems like cambo, Alpa are a lot of costs to combine old lenses with there new lensplates...
    cyron

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Linhof techno and lensplates

Yes, you buy the lens and the lens board separately - from B&H Photo, Linhof & Studio etc. - and then mount the lens on the board. If you buy them both from a place like Linhof & Studio - they will usually perform the service for you as a courtesy, but it's very simple to do and a way to save a huge amount of money versus proprietary mounts from Alpa, Cambo etc.

There's a video here that shows you how to do it. Easy, peasy!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hi f8orbust,
    this is a very important info for me. If you will buy a lens you could save a lot of money!!! Thank you.
    cyron

Post Thanks / Like

No problem - since one company charges ~1800 for the helical/mount, in a five lens kit on a camera like the Techno or A/S ML-2, you could save as much as 9000 (~$12k)

BTW, there's a great looking Techno kit for sale through this forum - link - I (personally) prefer the Techno over the A/S ML-2 since it is more compact - however, at this level of equipment, you can't really go wrong either way. Aston Martin or Ferrari ? Hmmm, let me think...

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys,
    Does the techno has the same lenspanels than the technika? There are a lot of them on eBay. Are there differences? Or a typical known problem in used panels? Thank you.
    Mueller

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the techno uses Technika lensboards.

There are a lot of Linhof Technika lensboards on eBay - but many of them are copies (you can tell in the finish of the Linhof logo - some literally look painted on), and few of these seem to feature the circular light baffle on the rear of the lensboard that you see in Linhof originals. If you have a Techno with the new style lock, then a certain variation in thickness can be tolerated, so using non-Linhof boards shouldn't be an issue.

I have a large Techno kit on sale - I'm about to split it up and have 4x flat and 2x recessed lens boards available (all Linhof, all mint, all owned from new) - keep an eye on the buy/sell section of GetDPI later this week.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post