The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Say Hi to my new Cambo Wide DS

Stan ROX

Hi there,

this my first post in the Large Format Thread. Tuesday my new camera arrived from the UK:

a Cambo Wide DS with the Schneider Super-Angulon 58 mm XL f/5.6. I use a Horseman 6x12 back for panoramas - I ordered the camera for that reason, as I had initially no intention to do 4x5 sheet film.

Well, my first take-out was a bit mixed.

The good news: looks like everything is in good condition. The lens, copal shutter and camera works all nicely.

The bad news: There is a dark slide :banghead:. Needless to say, that I did some additional images on another, much more exciting place, BUT - I forgot to remove the darkslide, and instead of six images, I just got two out the roll of film. Well then :wtf:

This one is the very, very first image I did. It's not that sharp, as I decided to go with f/32 and one second shutter time. Film is Kodak T-Max 100, developed in Tetenal Ultrafin T-Plus.

The images of this post are delivered from my new blog I started when my first film camera arrived: morefilmlesspixels.com

Its in german language, but some of you are capable to read it. The others may enjoy the images.

On Saturday, I will leave for two weeks in Italy - looking forward to do more exciting images than this one above.

Cheers
S.

Last edited:

Shashin

Re: Say Hi!

Congrats!

6x12 was one of my favorite formats. With black and white, a center filter for the 58mm lens may not be that important, and even nice, but if you start shooting color, you may find it very useful from keeping a blue shift toward the corners.

You might find between f/11 and f/16 ideal. Below that, vignetting will start to increase. The center filter will help a bit with that.

Anyway, great format and a perfect lens for that. Looking forward to the holiday pix.