The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cool processing tank for 4 x 5

JeRuFo

It does. And I like that you don't have to pick up the tank every time for agitation, making the process that much more repeatable. I also like that you can now use little solution without the need for continuous agitation, like you would have with a jobo tank with that amount of solution. It might make a great tank for stand development.
What I didn't particularly like is the film holder, are you still able to wash off all the anti-halation layer on the back of the film? And can you wash the film thoroughly in this, like you can in a Jobo tank with the lid off?
Also, it is still a messy solution. Even without a dripping tank to invert, you will probably still spill some with the plunger. Not to mention what would happen if you tip it over by accident during development.

scho

It does. And I like that you don't have to pick up the tank every time for agitation, making the process that much more repeatable. I also like that you can now use little solution without the need for continuous agitation, like you would have with a jobo tank with that amount of solution. It might make a great tank for stand development.
What I didn't particularly like is the film holder, are you still able to wash off all the anti-halation layer on the back of the film? And can you wash the film thoroughly in this, like you can in a Jobo tank with the lid off?
Also, it is still a messy solution. Even without a dripping tank to invert, you will probably still spill some with the plunger. Not to mention what would happen if you tip it over by accident during development.
A shallow tray with locking grooves in the bottom to hold the tank should be sufficient to stabilize the unit and any spills will collect in the tray.

JeRuFo

A shallow tray with locking grooves in the bottom to hold the tank should be sufficient to stabilize the unit and any spills will collect in the tray.
That's very true. And I hope it all works out well. I'm in the seeing is believing camp when it comes to processing solutions. If this works as well as intended I'm definetely interested for the times I want to process only 1 or 2 sheets.
I've just never used a solution tha is drip free. A 30c water bottle closes perfectly, but somehow there is no processing tank you can keep dry hands with.

ndwgolf

I have it already...........loading is not to bad but my example leeks like a sieve whenever i tip it upside down.
I now use the taco shell method in a normal paterson tank......very very easy and perfect negs every time (B&W or C41)

Neil

Duff photographer

Interesting to keep up with progress.

I think it still has merit despite leakage (fluid, not light) problems - these being solvable with easy work arounds although for the price it would have been nice if it didn't leak at all.

What's interesing is they're developing an 8x10 processing tank and holders which can also take 5x7 (and presumably can be adapted by the user using his/her initiative for 4x10 and 5x8).

Duff

timothy gilbert

Just discovered this forum...

The SP-445 should not leak at all; have you seen this: https://youtu.be/5Xvkzidoxhc

Interesting to keep up with progress.

I think it still has merit despite leakage (fluid, not light) problems - these being solvable with easy work arounds although for the price it would have been nice if it didn't leak at all.

What's interesing is they're developing an 8x10 processing tank and holders which can also take 5x7 (and presumably can be adapted by the user using his/her initiative for 4x10 and 5x8).

Duff