The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cambo SCH Geared Head Question

Junk Bond

I picked up a used Cambo SCH geared head to use with my Cambo Ultima. I was using a Manfrotto 405 but it never seemed sturdy enough. Here is an image on how I have it setup on my Foba stand, is this the best setup or does anyone have any other suggestions? In this configuration I can use the Foba geared arm for front and back movement, and the Cambo SCH for side to side movement. Does this make the most sense? Thanks!

_MG_9373.jpg

pfigen

Typically you would rotate the Cambo head 90 degrees from where you have it now and use the geared portion of the head to tilt forward or back. There is a side to side friction controlled tilt built into that head and then, at least when it's on a Cambo stand, the whole thing will rotate in addition to the camera plate on top. Use the sidearm on the stand for lateral movements. I often use the sidearm at an angle to move across and closer or further from the set, if it's a table top.