The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

4x5 film?

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I love and still do lots of 4x5. scanning is tricky and time consuming at the begining. Here are a few recent work using RVP50 QL and Epson V750 for scanning. For B&W, I managed to bought some Fuji Neopan Acros ISO 100 Quickload before it discountinued earlier this year.

img045sm by yatlee, on Flickr

img044sm by yatlee, on Flickr
I like these two images . Very nice .

But you have a strong magenta cast in them .
The question is , where does that cast come from .
Is the cast already on the RVP 50 or is that cast a result from scaning .

I have played a little bit with a screen shot of one of the images and would like to show you the result of a short attempt to remove the magenta cast .
Look at the clouds , where you can best see what I mean.
View attachment 35745

Click twice on the image to enlarge .

JimCollum

my guess was that these shots were taken at dawn, and the magenta light was a natural part of the scene (no one one the streets, so i suspect it's pretty early)

Brett Moen

I'm still shooting some 4x5 for fun. I don't like ready loads because the I've had some problems with travel and light leeks, and the cost is just so high I can't spend that kinda money on film.. I still do my B/W in my bathroom and hang it using a clothing drying stringy thingy ( allot of ing's!) that i got from Bed bath and beyond. I haven't had any dust problems and I live in a REALLY old apartment in Brooklyn. I scan with a V700 that I bought the Aztec wet scan kit for and I wet scan right off the glass. It all works very well and cost nearly nothing to do, and its fun!
I like mixing the old any them new technologies...
B-!

justin989

4x5 is all I shoot now. Picked up a Chamonix 45n-2 earlier on this year and love it. The V750 has a pretty decent 4x5 film holder, the sturdiest of all the sizes I think, the medium format holder is also decent for 6x6 and 6x7 which I used in the past. Here are some scanning examples done on the 750.

kodak ektar 100

fuji provia 100f

queensboro by justinphilipwaldinger (www.justinwaldinger.com), on Flickr

regards,

-J