The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Wisner Convertible Plasmat

PedroL

Hello All.
Need some help with those large format convertible. Have a beautiful practically new set, have no idea of the cost.
In the nice wooden box with brass plate. Copal #1 shutter.
Considering eventually selling it. Any information would be helpful. Thank you. Peter

Last edited:

JoelM

Well, I remember them. They were in the $4000 range and not impressive at all so I never bought the set. I think they might have collector value, but you might need to research the large format site(s) or ask the question at Luminous Landscape, if that site is still going?

Good Luck,

Joel

Oren Grad

From the Wisner catalog:

Wisner Convertible Plasmat sets.jpg

All of which is irrelevant to what it's worth now. As always, with a highly specialized item that rarely comes up for sale, there is no "going rate". Probably the closest thing you'll find to a benchmark is the price of antique casket sets.

Last edited: