The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad X1D / Cambo Ultima / Rodenstock eShutter

Tiggz911

Hello all. I've never actually done anything with large format cameras before and I have yet to receive the HB body. Right now I'm digging for info before I start buying up things that would potentially not work at all. So the idea is to combine the main pieces in the title. A Fotodiox adapter plate will work for the X mount to the Graflock plate and the Cambo accepts it. However, the lens portion is getting over my head as I have no idea how to integrate the digital back and to a shutter, be it an eShutter from Rodenstock or a more traditional shutter with fully manual operation. I'd like to know if anyone has any experience doing this. I'm looking for recommendations and advice. For a little context, I'm into fine art portraits and need to be able to sync flash as well. Thanks in advance for any thoughtful advice!

r/

CAMBOUSA

Hello all. I've never actually done anything with large format cameras before and I have yet to receive the HB body. Right now I'm digging for info before I start buying up things that would potentially not work at all. So the idea is to combine the main pieces in the title. A Fotodiox adapter plate will work for the X mount to the Graflock plate and the Cambo accepts it. However, the lens portion is getting over my head as I have no idea how to integrate the digital back and to a shutter, be it an eShutter from Rodenstock or a more traditional shutter with fully manual operation. I'd like to know if anyone has any experience doing this. I'm looking for recommendations and advice. For a little context, I'm into fine art portraits and need to be able to sync flash as well. Thanks in advance for any thoughtful advice!

r/
Tiggz911,

There are a lot of things to unpack here, and to be fair and diplomatic I have to phrase everything very specifically in this reply.

So, the X1D is a great body, and through the use of it's electronic shutter it has the ability to be used on a wide variety of cameras (including legacy 4x5 options like the Ultima). However, because if the nature of its shutter system flash sync is something that isn't very easy to achieve.

Various forum members here have worked out some solutions where you set the body to expose for a longer exposure (say 4 seconds) and then pop a shutter (and presumably flash) during that exposure period. Personally I haven't had much luck in my testing doing that.

As for mating everything together, we here at Cambo do have a couple of options that I think would work pretty well. Including a specialized version of our Actus camera that is made specifically for the X1D (and upcoming X2D) camera system. Please feel free to contact me at the email address in my signature for more detailed instruction.