The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fujinon W

foveon

Hi,
Don´t know much about Fujinon W lenses, just that outside lettering means they are multi coated.
I´m looking for W 125 or 135 or 150 or 180, all f=5.6.
Is the image quality of one of these better or worse or are they on similar level.
Thanks
Martin

JoelM

I always shot with the "A" series Fujinons. They were small, had huge coverage, and sharp. Besides, they were a bargain compared to the Schneider and Nikon lenses.

HTH,

Joel

JeRuFo

I have the 135 and the 150. Can't really tell the difference in image quality. Somehow I do prefer the 135, great focal length. For their weight and price they are hard to beat. Not a lot of character or the last word in sharpness, but plenty of both. Wide open it is quite a decent portrait lens and for landscapes it is plenty sharp. It just isn't really special to me, but a light lens for that price is very handy to keep around.

I think now that a lens between 110 and 135mm could be my only landscape lens. The 90 is great to have and often used, but it feels a bit wide when I'm shooting. I often really like the results though after developing.
My sensible kit is going out with a 90, 150 and a 210. My lightweight hiking and scouting kit has only the 135. You can pick them up very cheap and just sell the ones you don't want.